No 5.1 sound
I'm trying to get my iptv subscription to work with Kodi (17.6) using IPTV simple client add-on on my Nvidia Shield TV (2017 version) that's connected directly to my receiver but I'm having some audio problems, no matter what I try I only get 2.0 sound.
I've tried every audio setting there is in Kodi but it doesn't help, I still only get 2.0 pcm sound.

I've also tried other iptv software with these results:

Kodi: No 5.1 sound, auto switching between 24/50/60hz works.
Smart iptv: No 5.1 sound, no auto switching between 24/50/60hz.
IPTV Extreme: No 5.1 sound, no auto switching between 24/50/60hz.
IPTV Extreme with external player (MX player or VLC): 5.1 sound works, no auto sw
itching between 24/50/60hz.
Perfect Player: 5.1 sound works, no auto switching between 24/50/60hz.

Since I get 5.1 AC3 sound in Perfect Player and IPTV extreme using an external media player then it should also be possible to get it to work in Kodi, but the big question is how.

Anyone else had any problems getting AC3 to work on a Shield TV?
Hello Crol

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the stream. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 5.1 sound0