Solved Problem Updating to 17.6
Hello world,
I'm running OpenELEC 8.0.4 with KODI 17.3
I would like to update to KODI 17.6, but I have no idea how to do this.

I cannot download the KODI 17.6 from kodi.tv since all the links ("Guide" and "How to") lead to deleted entries in the OpenELEC wiki, e.g. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
BTW all the entries in the OpenELEC wiki are deleted.

Any ideas how I can get KODI 17.6?

Thanks, Sebastian
(2018-01-11, 21:45)therealsega Wrote: Any ideas how I can get KODI 17.6?

Upgrade to LibreELEC if you want a current Kodi release - you can upgrade to LibreELEC by dropping the LibreELEC tar file in the OpenELEC "Update" folder and rebooting.

There hasn't been a Kodi 17.4, 17.5 or 17.6 release of OpenELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is LibreELEC more suggestable than OpenELEC in terms of "look and feel", usability ... just to name two ...?
LibreELEC is exactly the same like OpenELEC, so look and feel and usability are also exactly the same.

The only difference: OpenELEC is a "one man show", and apparently, it doesn't always do what it should. LibreELEC is a team-effort and runs a lot smoother and is also updated more often. Easy choice.
OK, I will give it a try. Update file is currently transfered to the update folder.
(2018-01-14, 00:26)therealsega Wrote: Is LibreELEC more suggestable than OpenELEC in terms of "look and feel", usability ... just to name two ...?

Based on the lack of recent OpenELEC releases, OpenELEC is no longer maintained/developed and for all anyone knows may never publish another release in future, while LibreELEC is actively maintained and publishing up-to-date releases. Any other issues are irrelevant, unless you're happy with the version of OpenELEC you currently have installed, and have no plans to upgrade. Ever.

LibreELEC is a drop in replacement for OpenELEC. If you've been happy with OpenELEC you'll be even happier with LibreELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Update done. Works great, looks good, solved some other problem.
Thanks!
Perfect!
(2018-01-11, 21:54)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-11, 21:45)therealsega Wrote: Any ideas how I can get KODI 17.6?

Upgrade to LibreELEC if you want a current Kodi release - you can upgrade to LibreELEC by dropping the LibreELEC tar file in the OpenELEC "Update" folder and rebooting.

There hasn't been a Kodi 17.4, 17.5 or 17.6 release of OpenELEC. 
 I'm not OP but that worked wonders for me.  Just wanted to say thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Updating to 17.60