Why wont Kodi monitor my NFO Files for changes
Using Kodi 17.3 with LibreELEC 8.x on a Pi2. My Movie and Series database in Kodi is build from "local information" (NFO-files). I manage the nfo files with some external programs.From time to time I update them: e.g. modify genre Tags, move the movie (with its nfo) to another folder, delete a movie, ...The reflect that nfo-modifications in the Kodi database I have to delete the source or change its content type to none and then create it again or set its content type again to Movies. This causes a deletion of the complete database and it's recreation.This is to much for just one updated nfo file.Could Kodi store a timestamp or hash-value for each nfo file to check if it was modified or not?
@buhtz

I am not familiar with Box skin, but you should just be able to select "Refresh" from the movie information page. This will refresh the movie and read the nfo file if required.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You scare me! Wink How do you know that I am using "Box"?
Anyway: You describe a workaround where I have to do the refresh manualy. That is exactly what IMO Kodi itself is responsible for. It is not so hard for Kodi to keep an eye on the NFO files and update its own datebase if the files are modified.
Hello buhtz

You must have forgotten that you posted in the "Box" thread... so no magic or spiritualism involved Wink

No, no, no. Kodi does not keep an eye on nfo files. And it never will. nfo files are not part of Kodi. They are just a means of entering data into the library. Kodi then has no use for them anymore. It is a bit like saying that Kodi should keep an eye on TVDB and TMDB looking for changes there.

Did you find the Refresh option?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-26, 01:35)Karellen Wrote: You must have forgotten that you posted in the "Box" thread... so no magic or spiritualism involved Wink
 My fault. Then it was the wrong thread.
Split from Box Skin and moved to Metadata Scrapers
My Signature
It's probably best to set the advancedsettings.xml to clean library on update, then when you change a folder name / move it, just run an update of your library and it will find the new copy of the film, then remove the old one.  I use mine this way and it works without fail.  Also, you don't need to delete and recreate the whole library for a single change; that's crazy! Just refresh the item.
Cinema: Epson EH-TW9300 | 125" scope fixed frame screen | Panasonic DMP-UB700 | Denon AVR-X4200W | AudioLab M-PWR | Monitor Audio Bronze 7.1.2 Atmos & DTS:X | Kodi (OSMC Vero 4K)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why wont Kodi monitor my NFO Files for changes0