v17 TVDB Scraper API Returns Not Authorized
Question 
Hello!

I am encountering a strange issue with the TVDB scraper version 3.0.1. I get a "Not Authorized" from the API. I can confirm the issue by pasting the full URL as in the debug.

The issue occurs on both my KODI installations:
  • Libreelec on Raspberry PI3, even after full system reset
  • Kodi on MacOS High Sierra, fresh install for debugging purposes (to rule out issues with the PI)

I am attaching the log: https://pastebin.com/p4yabpwk
And a snippet of it (for indexing purposes and therefore to help others, for when the pastefile disappears):
Code:

1. 16:14:36.084 T:123145452122112   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?na...anguage=en

As you can see, this is an Italian Series and I can confirm it is present in TVDB. I am genuinely confused.

Thanks for your help!
16:13:19.502 T:140735821882176 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

We prefer a debug-enabled kodi.log most of the time, as it is even more informative than the standard log. Smile
You can also change the log level via the advancedsettings.xml file.

v3.0.1 should work, perhaps the TVDB server is having some hiccups.
Wrong! It's not an authorization issues and you can't paste the URL from the debug log as those are equipped for temporary tokens, so for sure it throws an authorization issue in a browser... The token is already expired/ invalidated by then.

The issue is that as a result of some inappropriate setup of your source and/ or folder structure, your Kodi identifies "Che Dio Ci Aiuti S04e05 Un Altra Me ITA" as the show title and trying to match this on TVDB what will surely won't work out.
Fix your structure and it will work.
(2018-01-12, 19:24)olympia Wrote: The issue is that as a result of some inappropriate setup of your source and/ or folder structure, your Kodi identifies "Che Dio Ci Aiuti S04e05 Un Altra Me ITA" as the show title and trying to match this on TVDB what will surely won't work out.
Fix your structure and it will work.
Indeed...
I cleaned up the names of any spurious characters and changed the season/episode combo to lowercase:
S04e08
to
s04e08.

Now it works!
Does an inconsistent case matter?

Thanks a lot to everyone... the 404 totally confused me, and I did not think about each scraping cycle expiring the token (which on hindsight is good practice).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper API Returns Not Authorized0