No live stream on YouTube
Video 
No live stream available on kodi
I was able to view all live streams on Kodi until January first 2018. For some reason live streams have stopped working on Kodi.
Buy live streams I mean Webcams, live music, live podcast, live news stations and live broadcasts by others.

I do have my own API key but that had nothing to do with it after a lot of searching I found this thread.

^
YouTube pulling the plug

YouTube will be pulled from the Echo Show today. Customers who own an Fire TV will start seeing a notification today warning them that the service will be unavailable as of January 1st, 2018. Perhaps Google is hoping that the threat of losing YouTube on its main streaming device will force Amazon to negotiate a truce both sides can live with before the new year

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/5/16738...st-devices
^
I am wondering if this is the reason why I live TV on YouTube has stopped? Has anyone else experienced the same situation on January 1st or 2nd of this year 2018?
Not using iPad, using Raspberry Pi, but I am experiencing the same problem.  I have been lurking waiting for someone to pop up with the same issues.  This is the first one I've seen so I was compelled to create and account and reply to you!  Everything else on youtube works fine, but youtube LIVE streams no longer work.  I don't know the exact date, but it stopped working early January.  When I try to play a live video on youtube it takes an extremely long time to load, starts to play for about 3 seconds, then repeats that same 3 seconds of video, then stops.  I have made sure Kodi and the Youtube add-on are up to date.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on and I have a personal API key set up and input.  I have two raspberry pi devices and this problem started happening on both of them at the same time. 

I am convinced something changed on youtubes end but am surprised this is the first mention of it that I could find on the internet.

Also, I think Feature Requests would be the wrong place to post this.  I am going to start a new thread about this in General Support (raspberry pi).
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2689880
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you!
You are welcome @JimBexleySpeed

Sorry, we got carried away removing your duplicate post and ended up removing both. Your original one has been reinstated above Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Jen were you able to get yours to work I went to the link but don't understand what they're saying in post 63 it just doesn't make sense to me.

I went to the YouTube settings and found a section there that says use MPEG Dash. I enabled it but it still won't play live streams . What am I missing ? Any help to be appreciated
Thread moved to video addons, as it has nothing at all to do with feature requests.

Please use the add-on thread quoted above.

Thread closed
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No live stream on YouTube0