extendedinfo addon
Hello

How can you view/use the extendedinfo addon from Metropolis please? On the information page for a movie, I can only see basic info about the actors but would love to use the extendedinfo you can on other skins.
Or am I just missing something? pressing up just goes to the basic stuff

Cheers
Mark
There is currently only support for an old "now banned addon"  from within the video info window if installed, but not for the addon "ExtendedInfo", however you can launch it from the main menu under "Programs" and select the movie from within the addon itself. 

I coded up a launch button and made a graphic for it; jingai can merge it if they like it.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hello MacGyver

You may not be aware that "it" comes from a repository that is banned from this forum.

Please remove mention of it from your post. I will also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I wondered why it didn't show up in the search results when I tried to add it. I just figured it was a version issue.

Did it do something bad, or is it just hosted somewhere bad?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
The author had modified one or more add-ons to monitor the activities of users and was found to be sending data back to an ftp site if I recall correctly. It's probably been fixed since then, but the trust of that developer was broken and all add-ons by him were subsequently removed. A search in the form will find the thread regarding it.

This of any help... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-13, 19:45)MacGyver Wrote: I coded up a launch button and made a graphic for it; jingai can merge it if they like it.

wow thanks for this, I have always thought this would be very useful. 

Cheers
Mark
I tried to install this and I couldn't get it working, so waited to see if it would be merged and it wasn't.

How would I install this please? as I thought a simple copy over would work, it didn't, then I tried installing via a zip file addon, again wouldn't work.

So sorry that this is a simpleton question.

Cheers
Mark
I'm not sure if it will work correctly on something other than Kodi 18 but if you want to give it a try, try copying this file into your Metropolis 720p folder, and this and this to the media folder

Make sure you manually install the addon "script.extendedinfo" first.  Remember to make a backup first so that you can undo it if you need to.
That works a treat thank you! on 17.6. I am certain I had already tried this before. Typical Smile

Oh the icons don't show up but that isn't a big deal
(2018-03-06, 09:50)markrennie71 Wrote: Oh the icons don't show up but that isn't a big deal
Make a folder in media named "buttons" and put them in there, that should work.
and we have a winner.. brilliant. thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extendedinfo addon0