Kodi 17.6 no audio via hdmi but only when streaming from NAS
First off, I am a Kodi/Android n00b but I know my way around PC/Networking / audio / home theater.

I bought an android box for a bedroom tv. (X92 Amlogic S912 3GB RAM 32GB ROM TV Box )
 The box connects to the network and I can stream netflix as well as some of the streaming add-ons in the android/kodi box, all with audio.
I updated to Kodi 17.6 and the above still holds true.

When I browse to my NAS, the story changes. The vast majority of files (BD rips, xvids, TV rips and also UHD files) all stream perfect video (even triggering HDR recognition on the TV), but no audio. I have tried everything I can think of in terms of settings on both the android box and the TV.

In the living room, the same files play flawlessly (up to1080p through an Oppo 105 and 4K content through a popcorn a500)

What am I missing or doing wrong?
Thanks for any input or suggestions.
Also: I watched some youtube clips about this box and when they boot it up, the animation also has sound. On my TV I get the animation but no sound again. (may be relevant)
Try swapping hdmi cables?
I can give that a try but why would an hdmi cable transmit 4K video correctly including HDR, but no audio, while it transmits audio perfectly when streaming netflix?
Changing the hdmi cable did nothing to resolve the issue. Installed Plex on the NAS as an alternative to the Synology Media player, which seems to fix the issue. I just don't like the way plex formats the information as I like to browse by folder...
Android settings > Sounds > Digitsl sounds > PCM

Kodi settings > System > Audio > Reset to default

Kodi settings > Player > Video > Sync playback to display > Disable

Remove any 3.5mm headphones from the A/V socket

Turn the AVR / TV on before booting the Android Box

If all fails Android Settings > Apps > Kodi > Unistall

Then reinstall from Playstore and start again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 no audio via hdmi but only when streaming from NAS0