• 1(current)
Release Special Features
Image Image Image
Special Features is our first official addon which brings new life to an old idea. Our Special Features addon scans your local or SMB library looking for Extras folders and creates a media library of bonus material you probably wouldn’t want cluttering up your normal libraries. All of this content is scanned into our custom database which is checked while browsing your existing media libraries. If any item you select has any extra media available, it adds an option to your context menu (or info dialog on supported skins). Additionally, Special Features can be used as a standalone video addon which lists all available movie and TV extras.

NOTE: If you are installing Special Features on Kodi 18, the following addon module is required:
PyMySQL

If you find any bugs, please feel free to report them on our github.
For further information and usage, visit our wiki page.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Saving for later*
This looks promising!

Will you consider adding an option to play all special features?

thanks
I made this with Full Bluray and DVD rips in mind so a playall would not work so well.  With that would you be good with play all as a option on the context menu versus actually having it on the main menu?
@Edworld

Alright that was easier to implement then I thought. As of now Play All will show on all special feature screens by default if you have more then one item to play. 
You can disable the setting in the addon settings... keep in mind if your in the addon list you may have to go back to one level for the setting to take effect.

I have updated GitHub to reflect these changes.

Also after your initial scan of your library if you add more extras you will need to rescan your library for the new extras to be added to my addon's library as they are 2 totally separate databases.

Hope some of you are giving it a try. I look forward to hearing how it is working for you.
Leia only?
It should work with Krypton as well...maybe even Jarvis? If it is not working with Krypton plz let me know I will try to track down the issue.
Using Krypton, getting this error:

The dependency with json version 9.1 could not be satisfied
O you  need module.simple.jsn I didn't make it a requirement because Leia has xbmc.json so that my fault I will make to branches later tonight so that it is downloaded automatically. And I will test be for hand sorry about that I just when I did my testing in Krypton it was already downloaded.
Okay I have added support for Krypton and the link is updated to the main GitHub. I give my apologies to those that had this error. If you find any other issues or suggestions please post so they can be fixed.
Can't get it to work.

I have windows 7 kodi 17.6, below is the error i get:

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 267, in <module>
                                                init_db()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 43, in init_db
                                                get_movielist()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 135, in get_movielist
                                                m_file  = str(item.get('file', ''))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@Edworld I have made a attempt to fix that error... if you don't mind trying it again.... If you continue to get the error I may need more information or just the path to the extra... it is something in the way you have on of the videos named it has a special character that for whatever reason the code does not like.... hopefully this will fix it though.

Thanks again

The change has been added to the github
No go,

Folder structure is movies (bluray) \ Troy Director's Cut \ Extras \ Troy.mkv

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 267, in <module>
                                                init_db()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 43, in init_db
                                                get_movielist()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 126, in get_movielist
                                                m_title = item.get('title', '').decode('utf-8')
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
its going to be the ' in director's    try director for now and see if that works and I will work on figuring out a way to fix it.
Before you change that I updated it once more... sorry about this if it doesn't work this time give me the same report and I will just have to go back to the drawing board and try to recreate the problem on my side... because I am working blind as of now.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1