• 2(current)
Release Special Features
no go

21:22:26.538 T:4808   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 267, in <module>
                                                init_db()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 43, in init_db
                                                get_movielist()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.specialfeatures\init.py", line 136, in get_movielist
                                                _dialpro.update(int(percent),_addon.getLocalizedString(30015)+"{}"+_addon.getLocalizedString(30016)+"{}".format(pc,total_m),"{} ({})".format(m_title,m_year),)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbd' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Alright last time for tonight...GitHub been updated
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I will test tomorrow mrning

thanks for looking into it
It works!!!!!

Any plans on submitting to Kodi Repo?

edit:

When playing LOTR extended editions (bluray), even if you select "play all" there is a slight pause in playing the movie. When you have this movie added to your normal library, this pause doesnt exist.
It will be a few days before I can actually test the play feature... I can add a busy notification but basically the difference would be the main library has direct access where I am searching for all item then building a playlist then telling it to start playing.... So I will see if I can speed it up some but I am not sure if I will be able to... And yes once it has been out here a while for bugs I will be submitting it to the official repo. Have you tried adding the skin files to esturay for a more intergrated like experience?
Quick Notice to anyone actually testing this.

I am currently %80 done doing a complete rewrite... there should be a little speed up and I have added the ability to clean the database... as well as a option to allow it to automatically clean an update the addon database after you have updated or scanned in new movies into your kodi library.

So my question is are there any suggestions or features you would like to see added?

@Edworld

I still have not tested the play all lag yet as I have not got to that part of the code to rewrite but will be testing soon.

Thanks again for anyone that is giving this a try.
Just updated GitHub to the newest beta release.

Please test and comment on bugs.

With this release I have added option for auto scan and auto clean.... basically when you scan a folder for new content or your library is updated if option is on. script will automatically scan your library in the background for new Special Features.

with that if you remove some movies from you library that had special features... when kodi finished  ''cleaning the library'' the script will go through and clean missing items from this addon database as well in the background.

options to manually scan and clean where added.

And the loading playlist is fixed... if the movie is local it will start as soon as you press play...  at the moment it will start in the background of the current window but if preferred I may can force a fullscreen on video start.
If playing over network it will fallback to speed of the network as for me sometime it is quick and on other movies it has to wake up the drive before attempting to load.

Added art work to play all button as well as a short description.

hope you enjoy.
Bug fix... Had issue with progress dialog not closing when using automatic library cleaning.

Issue is now fixed unless more reports I would say another week or so and I will try get it into the kodi repo
Over the next week or so this addon will be merged with my other addon Library Helper. Also I will be adding new support for Multi Movies on one disc I will explain more once released and tested more. I still plan to add more features as I get time, going forward this plugin will become Library Helper since it adds features to local library content and no longer will be just special features.
Before I start the merge would anyone like the ability to have a different plot maybe customized to the special feature rather then the original movie plot visible?
Hi, I have just discovered this addon and it appears to be working as advertised. Smile 
Would it be possible for you to scrape TV Shows for the Extras folder also, I have a lot of Blu-Ray rips there with extras so it would be nice to see them as well. Also would it be possible for the addon to grab a still image from the video and display that instead of the box art, I believe this is what the official Extras addon does and would be helpful when identifying extras as the names are not always totally obvious as to what the actual extra is.

Thanks.
I have intentions of adding tv show support in time... I just added MySQL support ... I just use a centralize database that all clients connect to. And it is a lot faster response surprisingly. Once I get the cleaning side note of the MySQL working I will look into expanding functionality.
@neil9000
I have just update GitHub with the latest progress. I am rolling back to alpha as I have remove some of the features temporarily just trying to get the MySQL out so it can be tested before making it more complicated.
along with the service I will begin with the TV shows next.

I know this is a small step back but in the big picture for me at least it is a big step forward.
Just a heads up if anyone tired the newest version. when I upload to GitHub some files where missed so I have updated the link to the newest version. any releases will be coming from this branch here on out.

https://github.com/smitchell6879/plugin....a-Features

if you have any issues post them here. Thanx
(2018-02-05, 15:55)smitchell6879 Wrote: @neil9000
I have just update GitHub with the latest progress. I am rolling back to alpha as I have remove some of the features temporarily just trying to get the MySQL out so it can be tested before making it more complicated.
along with the service I will begin with the TV shows next.

I know this is a small step back but in the big picture for me at least it is a big step forward.
 Excellent news, thanks a lot.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1