• 13(current)
Release Special Features
I did not test for writing over network just reading... You wanted it to scan you hand man .sfnfo files and that is what it should do now without error as far as writing over the network work first verify you have write premission to your shares... If you do then I may have to rewrite that part as well... I personally do not allow write over my network so I never tested it.

As I assume most network shares where read only.. as with me if I want to write I go to the PC that is hosting the shares and do the setup there... So if your still getting errors send me a new debug plz.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I'm having a lot of trouble with this addon (kodi 17.6 on windows). Other details: mariadb5 (same one as used by kodi), special features 3.0.3.

When I did my first scan, it takes a few minutes before it shows any indication of working so I would try initiate the scan a few times. And one time the response delay had me run a database clean run a scan was running. In the end, I had duplicate entries in the db and running clean didn't help. So I had to drop the entire database.

Starting again but with more patience, I let the scan run but the it dies before completing. Logs shows:
Quote:20:37:14.728 T:31428   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'pymysql.err.InternalError'>
                                            Error Contents: (1267, u"Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='")
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                r.updateDB()
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 40, in updateDB
                                                dbEnterExit().initDb('update')
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 222, in initDb
                                                self.insertDb()
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 308, in insertDb
                                                self.entry = self.sql.exeCute('fw_special2', self.bitem['path'], 'one')
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 105, in exeCute
                                                cu.execute(self.command, (var,))
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\cursors.py", line 165, in execute
                                                result = self._query(query)
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\cursors.py", line 321, in _query
                                                conn.query(q)
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\connections.py", line 860, in query
                                                self._affected_rows = self._read_query_result(unbuffered=unbuffered)
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\connections.py", line 1061, in _read_query_result
                                                result.read()
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\connections.py", line 1349, in read
                                                first_packet = self.connection._read_packet()
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\connections.py", line 1018, in _read_packet
                                                packet.check_error()
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\connections.py", line 384, in check_error
                                                err.raise_mysql_exception(self._data)
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.pymysql\lib\pymysql\err.py", line 107, in raise_mysql_exception
                                                raise errorclass(errno, errval)
                                            InternalError: (1267, u"Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='")
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Is the the name you used for Kodi videodatabase mariadb5?

Special features needs to create it's own database on the SQL server... I would definitely recommend you change to a unique database and let the add-on make it... Or else you could corrupt kodi's database.. kodi's rules I add-ons should never share there database... So I am assuming you are get a conflict of interest where I have special features database setup with different settings.

Drop the tables again..

Go into the add-on settings and change the database name back to specialfeatures.
The add-on will do all the work and should run just fine. I have never seen the error you received. So after you do this if it still fails I will need a full debug.
(2018-06-06, 08:35)smitchell6879 Wrote: Is the the name you used for Kodi videodatabase mariadb5?

Special features needs to create it's own database on the SQL server... I would definitely recommend you change to a unique database and let the add-on make it... Or else you could corrupt kodi's database.. kodi's rules I add-ons should never share there database... So I am assuming you are get a conflict of interest where I have special features database setup with different settings.
The database settings are at default settings. So the database is still 'specialfeatures' while kodi itself uses kodisql_xxx. I just wanted to mention that I'm using MariaDB 5 since MariaDB 5 was not mentioned as being tested. Both kodi and special features use the same db login but otherwise there is no mixing of other data.

I think the main error is: "Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

The tables created under specialfeatures all have collation of utf8_general_ci.
In plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\sys_init.py, I see this:
Quote:103    '''General'''
104    winid = {'window': "{}".format(xbmc.getInfoLabel('System.CurrentWindow'))}
105    time1 = datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S:")
106    charSet = "utf8mb4"
107    cuType = cursors.DictCursor
Could it be pymqsql? I didn't install it so either it came with kodi 17.6 or was installed by another add-on. The CHANGELOG shows version 0.8.
I am the one that wrote the add-on for pymsql so that shouldn't be the issue.. and yeah your on a really old version of mariadb. I think I am using v10+ for mariadb and 5.7 for MySQL when I tested it.

Is utf8mb4 not supported in that version of mariadb?

I will try to do a little research on it later to see what I can do up. It is hard to fix a issue like that until I can replicate it.
I have both mariadb 5 and 10 running, but on different ports, so I was able to easily test both. And it fails at the same place for both.

So after turning on debug logging in kodi, I can see on which movie it crashes. And when I looked at the Extras folder for that movie, it looks like the problem is with special characters in the filenames. So I got these extras from youtube and some videos have emoji-like characters in the titles: Once I removed the emoji from the filenames, the addon stops crashing during the scan.

And I think I found a related bug. While scanning, the upper-right will show the progress, like:
Quote:Special Features: 16%
Updated Special Features 23 of 125
After a crash, the progress text will go away. I would then start another scan and the upper-right will show progress for the new scan:
Quote:Special Features: 1%
Updated Special Features 1 of 125
But the progress text will alternate back and forth from showing the progress text of the new scan and the text from the old scan:
Quote:Special Features: 1%
Updated Special Features 1 of 125
Updated Special Features 23 of 125
Quote:Special Features: 2%
Updated Special Features 2 of 125
Updated Special Features 23 of 125
Quote:Special Features: 3%
Updated Special Features 3 of 125
At first I thought the old scan was still running and thus I can have two scans going, but I think it's only showing the old status but the old scan is not really running. And after the new scan completes, the old status doesn't go away and stays in the corner. Only fix is to restart kodi. I guess not everything from the old scan job is cleaned up when starting a new scan.
So what your seeing with the old and the new scan is since it crashed kodi kept the old dailog alive and it wasn't properly closed... So yeah I guess that would be a bug I should probably attempt to close all dailogs at the start of the scan so that it would not show... And I am glad you figure out the issue. I hadden thoughts about the actual characters in the name causing the problem.

I will try over the next week or two to add a close on the dialogs and to give a notification that the scan has been started.

The contractor will be start building my house tomorrow and I am going to be doing alot of the work myself so bug fixes may take a little longer.
Adding the Special Features indicator and button requires using a third-party skin or modifying an existing one, but this is not possible for those that use a built-in skin like estuary and running kodi on android (root access is needed to modify built-in files). Would you consider adding an option to modify the movie with an Extras or Specials Features genre or tag? I would choose the genre option since Genres are directly visible and accessible from the main movie section in the estuary skin and genres are listed in each movie's info page. Then to access the Special Features for that movie, we have to use the context menu option.
Even adding a genre you will need a 3rd party skin.
(2018-06-08, 04:13)smitchell6879 Wrote: Even adding a genre you will need a 3rd party skin.
I added an 'Extras' genre (can be any text) and it is shown in the movie section as a quick filter choice:Image

Some views will show the Genre:

In the Information page of the movie, the Extras genre is also visible.

Of course, if a movie has a lot of genres, a 'Extras' genre may not be visible. Possible workaround is pick a genre text like *Extras and resort the genre list.
Some kinda request:

As far as I know there are for Kodi 3 AddOns for extras to save videos in the respective film folders. Default = Folder Name "Extras"

-> Extras
-> VideoExtras (removed from official kodi repo)
-> Special features

Extras is not really an addon, rather just an .xml for a context menu entry
Videoextras is a real addon, something evolved with a few settings.
Special features I have recently discovered and is the most developed of all three.

(By the way: 1. It does not work with multipart movies for eg Folder is "Movie Name (Year)" and Movie is Movie Name (Year) -part1.ext and Movie Name (Year) -part2.ext. 2. Has anyone ever reported, or is it even possible that the folder you defined with the extras, videos were deleted by the "Extras scrape process?" I made a sample look in a few movies after scrape and in 3 movies was the Extras folder Empty, but in my backup they were there. The .url links (sources) were still there but the videos were gone. Any Idea? I have no plan ...)

But back to the topic & to the request:
In my film folders I have the following subfolders:
.actors
extrafanarts
extras
extrathumbs
links
themes
soundtrack
trailer

In extras folder are extras
In soundtrack folder is the Ost's and Score's
In trailer folder are all kind of trailers (fan trailer, original trailer, remastered trailer, other language trailer, blu-ray release trailer, and so on) It is a collection and a backup at the same time. One of these trailers is always copied to the top folder where the film is and then rename to MovieName (Year)-trailer.mp4

My goal is to be able to access the context menu on all 3 folders (extras, soundtrack, trailer) in the movies differently . My current "workaround" is that I use all 3 extras addons. It works though, but all 3 addons have a different handling and look different. I prefer this Special Features addon, look is nice and lot of options - great!

My question is, is there a possibility, or can get help to duplicate this addon? I have successfully duplicated the addon 2 times. In the .xml's change a few things and I already have the addon 3 times in Kodi. But of course it is not that easy. If I change a setting for one of the 3 special features addons, they will be changed for all other duplicate addons as well.

Is there a way
Special features addon -> extras
Special featrues addon copy 1 -> soundtrack
Special fetures addon copy 2 -> trailer

An alternative possibility would be to be able to make several labels in the Special features addon and to do so each with a separate context menu entry. But that is wishful thinking - I know ^^ and would also be a lot of programming.

Thank you for reading

greetings Chris

(sry for language, i'm not an english native speaker)
@"chrissix"

If you want to add any features, I will be glad to accept pull requests on github. At the moment and for the next several months I will not have time to develop this any further as I am in the process of building a new house. So it may be quite some time after as i will need to get moved in and get everything setup. Plus it covers my needs for now and am actually interested in yet another alternative to this that i had started working on but will be alot more in depth once i get time to work on it that is.
Has this been removed from the official repo? Cannot find it.  Thanks.
Nope it is under video addons.
(2018-01-13, 19:15)smitchell6879 Wrote: If any item you select has any extra media available, it adds an option to your context menu (or info dialog on supported skins).
I'd like to use this with Xonfluence Skin.  I'm not too keen on patching the skin, so I'd like to ask Helly1206, the skin developer for native support.  What info should I provide, or should you contact him directly?

Also, curious:  Where does Special Features keep it's data files?  Does it copy all extras, including alternate cuts of movies, to local files (thought I read that somewhere)?  Can or should it live alongside the "Extras" addon?  How does it handle trailers which (I find problematically) are supposed to be at the level of the movie file, rather than in the Extras folder?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1