Solved RE-installation, to fix problem unknown. Can't reinstall "cleanly". Linux Mint Mate
Thread marked solved.
Solus I like a lot.
MX I like a lot.

Wait, Manjaro is an Arch, and runs Kodi fine on the machine that wouldn't with Mint on it.   Manjaro is yet the only second one I've installed. Still piddling amoungst live versions.

Going back to look at Sparky again and maybe Peppermint.  Had a troublesome Sandisk USB drive that I'm no longer using. Life is Better.

Thanks all.
(2018-01-14, 13:04)iznobe Wrote: Hello if you want to uninstall completely customs parameters for kodi a simply command can do the stuff.

type in your terminal :  sudo rm /home/your_user_name/.kodi/

when this is done uninstall kodi as usual  then reinstall it and you have a really new install .

regards .
Update. Whilst working with a new OS install on the #2 machine, I went back to this dysfunctional install on Mint in #1.  Doing so, I tried this and the next command offered by iznobe. 

They did nothing for me.  One literally did nothing at all, no error nothing.  I think the other balked and said the directory wasn't empty. So I went looking for answers again. It was late and rather than bother you folks again, I looked around and found this command:

sudo apt-get --purge remove kodi

Which worked well enough, and then I used software center to remove the .bin and .data files. 

And all is well. I used the same command on Peppermint to get rid of 15 or 16, and repeated the software center files cleanup. Then I installed fresh on each machine. Then I watched double Kodi last night.  Peppermint crashed once, but was solid after that. Mint never hiccuped.

So being a responsible forum user, I thought I'd report back such that anyone finding this thread (solved) would know the full story-and possibly find the right commands for their situation.

I am mildly curious the differences, but should probably learn more on my own, rather than burden this group. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE-installation, to fix problem unknown. Can't reinstall "cleanly". Linux Mint Mate0