Some quick help to an exclude from listing problem ?
Hi, I've been looking around to understand the "excludefromlisting" parameters (regexp) and I still can't figure how to do this. Can someone help me ? Shoud be easy... I think.

I was able to filter a folder called "OS" easily adding to my advancedsettings.xml the regexp OS as you see below:

<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
    <regexp>OS</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>

BUT, that filters ANYTHING that contains the word OS in it's name, for example, it's filtering also MAOS. So, my question is easy, how to I filter only EXACT match for OS, and not everything that includes OS ?

Thanks a lot.
Please, Nobody knows how to do this ?
According to https://kodi.wiki/view/RegEx_tutorial, this should work if it is supposed to match a folder name and not a full path:
xml:
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
    <regexp>^OS$</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>

I have no personal experience with regex in Kodi though.
I saw the Wiki and tried already:

<regexp>^OS$</regexp>

and

<regexp>/^OS/$</regexp>

With NO luck Sad
I don't know what "whithout luck" means in this case. But assuming it didn't match anything you can try matching word boundaries instead:
xml:
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
    <regexp>\bOS\b</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>

I that doesn't work, post a debug log and I am sure that someone with more Kodi experience will help you figure it out.
(2018-02-15, 16:03)Mopheus Wrote: I saw the Wiki and tried already:

<regexp>^OS$</regexp>

and
<regexp>/^OS/$</regexp>

With NO luck Sad
I'm assuming a folder path is being passed in, so I think /OS/ would match any path such as c:/OS/ (AFAIK, Kodi internally converts windows-style paths into a Unix-style path and I'm thinking it is case sensitive).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some quick help to an exclude from listing problem ?0