DLNA clients not sorting album tracks correctly from LibreELec
Hello. I have installed LibreElec on a raspberry Pi3 as a music streamer to a Naim MuSo system. All works fine, however.. I have noticed some strange and annoying behaviour regarding how track names are listed and therefore played within each album in the library in multiple DLNA clients (if that is the right terminology).
  • On LibreElec app itself (on the Pi) the tracks are listed in correct sequence in each album.
  • In the Naim muso app on my IPad, all tracks are listed alphabetically.
  • On two DNLA client apps on my iPad (MLPlayer Lite, ArkMC), the tracks are also listed alphabetically.
Of course I want the tracks listed and played in correct sequence, not alphabetically.

The problem is not with the Naim app, because it is the same in the other DNLA client apps. This is the third DNLA server I have tried on my Pi - I tried OMSC and OpenMediaVault, and whilst they both had some shortcomings, all my DNLA clients sorted album tracks correctly. So there is something different going on with LibreElec.

I cannot find any options in LibreElec to control how tracks are listed in clients. Whilst not suggesting that there is anything wrong with LibreElec itself, there is something happening with this server and how it interacts with the clients that is causing this behaviour. 

Any help or suggestions much appreciated!
(2018-01-14, 23:41)Rsalliss Wrote: On LibreElec app itself (on the Pi) the tracks are listed in correct sequence in each album.
Then Kodi is sorting the tracks correctly, your thread is not well named.
(2018-01-14, 23:41)Rsalliss Wrote: In the Naim muso app on my IPad, all tracks are listed alphabetically.
On two DNLA client apps on my iPad, the tracks are also listed alphabetically.

Of course I want the tracks listed and played in correct sequence, not alphabetically.

The problem is not with the Naim app, because it is the same in the other DNLA client apps.
Then is a client app issue, and I can not help you with that. I suggest you change the title (full edit first post) to reflect that is a question about DNLA client apps, that may attract someone that can help.
(2018-01-14, 23:41)Rsalliss Wrote: I cannot find any options in LibreElec to choose how tracks are listed.
Sorting (in the Estuary skin) is on the left side blade menu, the pulls out when you move the pointer ot left arrow to that area. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sideblade_Menu
Dave, thanks for your comments. I have edited my post accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA clients not sorting album tracks correctly from LibreELec0