v19 HDHomerun Simple

Available from the Official Kodi repository.

watch gallery

Todo List:
  • Reminders
  • Scheduled Recordings
  • Recording Manager
  • Context Menu (Reminder/Record/Delete)
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Releasing this weekend...
Hi Lunatixz,

Thank you for the good work here. Another good interface between Kodi and an hdhomerun tuner is especially useful since SiliconDust hasn't updated their add-on to work with Kodi version 18.

For the most part, HDHomerun Simple works as expected on my setup. An exception is the functioning of program guide grid. Here is a Kodi log with both Kodi and HDHomerun Simple debugging turned on. 

When the program guide grid view is brought up, the information from only one channel shows even though the program listings for other channels can be seen after selecting one in the Lineup view. In addition, it seems the only way to exit the grid guide screen is to hit the escape key twice, causing a little window to pop up asking "Are you sure you want to exit HDHomerun Simple?" Choosing yes doesn't exit HDHomerun Simple, but it does send the user back to the home page for HDHomerun Simple which has the choices ".., Live, Recordings, Lineup, Search and Guide."

dgktkr
Really nice job! Having Grid view for Channels is HUGE. Not having that is just a huge stumbling block on Silicon Dust's part. Plex is even worse.

Can I comment that maybe make the rows bigger and larger text in Gird view? Right now there are 5 Rows and then a huge empty box at the bottom in Grid view. Maybe increase by 50% the Row Height along with the corresponding Text size for program name? Finally for the bottom section which has the Show thumbnail and Description, increase that box by 50% along with an increase in photo size for the show thumbnail and make the text font in the show Description the same size you are using the Program Name in the Grid above. Right now that text is pretty small.

I did notice possible Bug wise, the EPG/Guide doesn't match the Live view. Many of the available channels from Lineup and Live View aren't in the Guide/EPG.

Finally the Deinterlacer is greyed out and I can't seem to access it no Fire Stick. Any reason why that might be? That's would be a huge help for myself and others on the 1080i channels. Edit: I guess Kodi 17 doesn't have a Deinterlacer anymore for Fire TV sticks since I see it's missing from official HDHomerun app also. Anyone feel free to post if there is an easy fix for that.

Great work overall and with a few tweaks I have zero doubt that this could become the Defacto interface for Kodi when accessing HDHomerun. Seriously.
(2018-04-24, 20:37)dgktkr Wrote: When the program guide grid view is brought up, the information from only one channel shows even though the program listings for other channels.

The EPG functions different than the "Live" & "Lineup" list. EPG only uses channels marked in myhdhomerun.com as a favorite; whereas the plugin list contains all channels regardless of ranking.

(2018-04-24, 20:37)dgktkr Wrote: exit the grid guide screen is to hit the escape key twice, causing a little window to pop up asking "Are you sure you want to exit HDHomerun Simple?" Choosing yes doesn't exit HDHomerun Simple, but it does send the user back to the home page for HDHomerun Simple which has the choices ".., Live, Recordings, Lineup, Search and Guide."

This is the expected result; EPG guide dumps to the plugins menu and not back to Kodi.

I'm glad you are enjoying the plugin; if you have any other concerns let me know.
(2018-04-24, 22:42)mesostinky Wrote: Really nice job! Having Grid view for Channels is HUGE. Not having that is just a huge stumbling block on Silicon Dust's part. Plex is even worse ...
... Great work overall and with a few tweaks I have zero doubt that this could become the Defacto interface for Kodi when accessing HDHomerun. Seriously.

Thank you Big Grin

(2018-04-24, 22:42)mesostinky Wrote: Can I comment that maybe make the rows bigger and larger text in Gird view? Right now there are 5 Rows and then a huge empty box at the bottom in Grid view.

This is a skinning issue; you are free to customize the skin as you'd like ... The default row count is 7; so if you have 5 channels marked as a favorite the result will be 2 blank rows. You can always add more channels if they are available.

(2018-04-24, 22:42)mesostinky Wrote: I did notice possible Bug wise, the EPG/Guide doesn't match the Live view. Many of the available channels from Lineup and Live View aren't in the Guide/EPG.

Guide only shows channels that are marked as favorites in myhdhomerun.com
(2018-04-25, 14:58)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 20:37)dgktkr Wrote: When the program guide grid view is brought up, the information from only one channel shows even though the program listings for other channels.

The EPG functions different than the "Live" & "Lineup" list. EPG only uses channels marked in myhdhomerun.com as a favorite; whereas the plugin list contains all channels regardless of ranking.    
Cool. Thanks for the tip. Now that I've updated my favorites in myhdhomerun.com, the grid is as expected.
Quote:
(2018-04-24, 20:37)dgktkr Wrote: exit the grid guide screen is to hit the escape key twice, causing a little window to pop up asking "Are you sure you want to exit HDHomerun Simple?" Choosing yes doesn't exit HDHomerun Simple, but it does send the user back to the home page for HDHomerun Simple which has the choices ".., Live, Recordings, Lineup, Search and Guide."

This is the expected result; EPG guide dumps to the plugins menu and not back to Kodi.

I'm glad you are enjoying the plugin; if you have any other concerns let me know.    

This is just a minor issue which I can live with. It would be more natural to me if the pop up asked "Do you really want to leave the EPG?" or "Do you want to return to the add-on menu?". Better yet would be an immediate return to the add-on menu with a single press of the escape key. After all, if you pressed the escape key by mistake, how much do you lose? You can return to the grid EPG with a single click.

dgktkr

Edit: I did some digging, found ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.uepg/README.md and now I can see why you might not want to change what happens with a single press of the escape key after bringing up the grid guide. It's kind of cool to be able to toggle between a running video and the guide. That toggling doesn't occur, however, if there is no video running. In that case it still might make sense to be sent back to the add-on menu with just a single press of the escape key.
I've been running HDHomerun Simple through its paces and ran into something funky with it. It's now 11:35 and uEPG seems to show the proper lineup for my 5 favorite channels at this time, but when I move the selection to the 4PM time slot (as indicated by the time line at the top of the window), the program titles and descriptions show what was playing at 11 or 11:30AM. What's up with that?

dgktkr
The guide will loop back to outdated meta if no new data is found... ie you ran out of new guide data. uEPG is set to refresh every 2hrs and pulls about 4hrs worth of data... this is done to optimize load time.
Working very well now.  Originally, had problems with recordings, but that has been resolved..   Thanks for this great addon.........
i am using you addon in kodi 18 nightly on kubuntu 18.04.  i have a ryzen 2400g processor.  When using your addon the video freezes up the computer. Not sure if this is an addon issue or something else, but here is a link to my debug log.  Thanks for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5a8ph8p54qrop...n.log?dl=0

Edit: Addon works perfect on my other libreelec pcs with kodi 17.6
(2018-05-09, 00:00)gwilly7 Wrote: i am using you addon in kodi 18 nightly on kubuntu 18.04.  i have a ryzen 2400g processor.  When using your addon the video freezes up the computer. Not sure if this is an addon issue or something else, but here is a link to my debug log.  Thanks for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5a8ph8p54qrop...n.log?dl=0

Edit: Addon works perfect on my other libreelec pcs with kodi 17.6
This appears to be working for me now with latest nightly on both windows 10 and kubuntu 18.04
I wanted to see if I could modify this for a custom use. 

Can someone please upload sample configuration files?

As I do not have an HD Homerun I can not generate them, but wanted to see if I might be able to customize this for a specific use.

Thanks

Mark
(2018-06-18, 00:02)tekno Wrote: I wanted to see if I could modify this for a custom use. 

Can someone please upload sample configuration files?

As I do not have an HD Homerun I can not generate them, but wanted to see if I might be able to customize this for a specific use.

Thanks

Mark
If you don't have a HDHomerun what is your specific use? The plugin was written to use the HDHomerun API... Can you elaborate on what you want to use and how?
I was wondering what formats it loads. It seems the HDHomerun is probably only a UPNP/Bonjour advertisement for streams in a standard format. I thought the HDHomerun offered standardised formats, not really anything proprietary . I previously used a hacked version of FTV Guide but with the updates it no longer supported what I needed.

I actuallty looking form something that works better for live TV other than the currenty Kodi offertings, even if I have to hack it.

BTW I tried your other addon Pseudo TV on two Linux systems and just gives me an error at start. Not sure if it is supposed to be a complete stand alone TV channels/guide system but seems it should be. 

A bug in your ear:
Many of the Kodi PVR addons are too slow loading. I keep hoping for something as good as Perfect Player on Android (http://niklabs.com/) with similar configurability for multiple m3u playlists and multiple xmltv files. I also know for a fact I am not the only one looking for this on Kodi. If you have an android box try perfect player , more IPTV players should try to live up to that mark . I think I may have to give up on Linux/Kodi that has served me so well for so many years and make the move to Android for this purpose. Fast channel switching should be considered a very high priority as well as channel up/down while viewing and the ability to select channel by number.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Simple1