v19 HDHomerun Simple
Guide is nice, but the channel numbers only show 3 digits. For my Comcast feed (and everybody else in US I think) all the HD channels have four digits, so do not display correctly in the guide. Also, IMHO, if the channel number is an integer (as all Comcast channels are) the decimal point should not be shown (e.g. show 3 rather than 3.0 for Channel 3). I realize that some OTA channels have decimal point, but decimal point is not needed or desirable for cable channels.
(2018-10-03, 18:27)davewilk Wrote: Guide is nice, but the channel numbers only show 3 digits. For my Comcast feed (and everybody else in US I think) all the HD channels have four digits, so do not display correctly in the guide. Also, IMHO, if the channel number is an integer (as all Comcast channels are) the decimal point should not be shown (e.g. show 3 rather than 3.0 for Channel 3). I realize that some OTA channels have decimal point, but decimal point is not needed or desirable for cable channels.
 Guide channel number truncation is a minor skinning issue... and easily corrected Smile
HDHR's API dictates the channel number format, for uniformity it will remain as is.
Thanks for the feedback...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thank you for your work!!!!

For whatever reason when I played music from FiOS music channels the pvrWMC would stutter (ff-mpeg2video codec maybe?). All other channels work fine. (h264)

The other hdhomerun app has been causing problems and would freeze.

With yours, I just added the music channels we listen to most to Favorites. Perfect! Still using pvrWMC for regular TV.

In-wall Official 7" touchscreen (Starting to lose count)
RPi3 (upgraded from 2) Kodi 17 something...
HiFiBerry DiGi (4 way splitter for other amps) (Upgraded from hifiberry DAC+ rca's)

Wish icon sizes were larger inside Favorites.
Also wanted to add,

Using "Sybu Remote Control for Kodi" (iOS app store) it shows Favorites, inside are my icons of my music channels from Verizon FiOS connected to HD Homerun Prime.
I installed the "HDHomerun Simple" add-on in "Kodi 18.4" on a Windows 10 PC and all though I have one line two Silicondust tuners (Tech3 Us and HDTC2 US) that are accessible through various other apps and the Silicondust HDHomerun add-on for Kodi, the "HDHomerun Simple" fails to "tune" any of the available channels when selected under "Live" and under the "Guide" responds with the following message "No HDHomerun Favorites Found! Visit my.hdhomerun.com to select your Favorite Channels, To disable HDHomerun Tuner Support, open HDHomerun Simple guide settings". Please clarify and advise, since when I go to the Silicondust website, what I find is that I am offered to reinstall the Windows 10 version of their software, which they clarify that will automatically update the their products firmware, but I could not find anything or understand what is meant by "Visit my.hdhomerun.com to select your Favorite Channels". Could you please clarify what is meant by the previously cited instruction and/or any other advise that could help correct the stated anomaly. When I go the "add-on settings" and under "Available Devices" I find the following under "Tuner Details", Name: HDHomeRun EXTEND, Tuner Count: 2, IP Address: 192.168.1.1, Default Transcoding: None, Firmware: HDHOMERUNTC-ASTC-20190621. Despite also having another unit (TECH3 US) installed and configured, it is not listed. Nor was anything else listed under the four titles "Tuner Details" .
I installed the "HDHomerun Simple" add-on in "Kodi 18.4" on a Windows 10 PC and all though I have on-line two Silicondust tuners (Tech3 Us and HDTC2 US) that are accessible through various other apps and the Silicondust HDHomerun native add-on for Kodi, the "HDHomerun Simple" fails to "tune" any of the available channels when selected under "Live" and under the "Guide" responds with the following message "No HDHomerun Favorites Found! Visit my.hdhomerun.com to select your Favorite Channels, To disable HDHomerun Tuner Support, open HDHomerun Simple guide settings". Please clarify and advise, since when I go to the Silicondust website, what I find is that I am offered to reinstall the Windows 10 version of their software, which they clarify that will automatically update the their products firmware, but I could not find anything or understand what is meant by "Visit my.hdhomerun.com to select your Favorite Channels". Could you please clarify what is meant by the previously cited instruction and/or any other advise that could help correct the stated anomaly. When I go the "add-on settings" and under "Available Devices" I find the following under "Tuner Details", Name: HDHomeRun EXTEND, Tuner Count: 2, IP Address: 192.168.1.1, Default Transcoding: None, Firmware: HDHOMERUNTC-ASTC-20190621. Despite also having another unit (TECH3 US) installed and configured, it is not listed. Nor was anything else listed under the four titles "Tuner Details" .
I believe that you need an HDHR4 or newer model to use the Silicondust add-ons within Kodi.  (I replaced my HDHR 2's and 3's when the add-ons were first released with the 'Connect' model (HDHR4-US) ).
Updated, moved to matrix branch.
(2021-02-04, 04:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Updated, moved to matrix branch.
Thank you. Does Matrix support AC-4 audio for the new ATSC 3.0 streams yet.

Thanks for the Matrix version of HDHomerun Simple!  I tried it today (version 1.0.6) and got errors with my HDTC-2US.  I believe it is due to specifying the transcode option of "0" to the URL. I tried the stream in VLC and it also failed. However if I changed the URL slightly it worked in VLC.

From the Kodi log:
2021-02-04 13:18:57.609 T:5697    ERROR <general>: Open - failed to open source <http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=0>

If I use this URL in VLC it fails
   http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=0
If I use this URL in VLC it works
   http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=None
(2021-02-05, 00:07)cookieisland Wrote:

Thanks for the Matrix version of HDHomerun Simple!  I tried it today (version 1.0.6) and got errors with my HDTC-2US.  I believe it is due to specifying the transcode option of "0" to the URL. I tried the stream in VLC and it also failed. However if I changed the URL slightly it worked in VLC.

From the Kodi log:
2021-02-04 13:18:57.609 T:5697    ERROR <general>: Open - failed to open source <http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=0>

If I use this URL in VLC it fails
   http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=0
If I use this URL in VLC it works
   http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=None
Thx for the info, please try v.1.0.6a and let me know if that fixes your issue...
(2021-02-05, 02:27)Lunatixz Wrote: http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=None
Thanks for the quick update. Unfortunately it died again. This time it tried to use the url http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=default and 'default' is no good. 

I was able to fix it. I had to change the following line in hdhomerun.py (line 526):
    if self.transcode == 'none': tranOPT = (tuner.getTranscodeOption() or 'none')
to this:
    if self.transcode == 'default': tranOPT = (tuner.getTranscodeOption() or 'none')

As I was diagnosing things I found that there is a bug in pyHDHR.py.  The function getTranscodeOption was failing a not returning the transcode option set in my HDTC-2US.  It failed raising an exception due to the function "Regex" not being defined. No error was detected because it was caught by the exception handler.  I changed the following lines of code starting at line 586 (the commented out lines were the original lines)

#cookieisland - start changes
                #regx = Regex('transcodeChanged\(\)">((.|\n)+?)</select>').search(response.read())
                regx = re.search(rb'transcodeChanged\(\)">((.|\n)+?)</select>',response.read())
                selecttags = regx.group(1)

#regx = Regex('.+"(.*)".+selected=').search(selecttags)
                regx = re.search(rb'.+"(.*)".+selected=',selecttags)
                #self.TranscodeOption = regx.group(1)
                self.TranscodeOption = regx.group(1).decode('utf-8')
                #cookieisland - end changes
(2021-02-06, 03:10)cookieisland Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 02:27)Lunatixz Wrote: http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=None
Thanks for the quick update. Unfortunately it died again. This time it tried to use the url http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=default and 'default' is no good. 

I was able to fix it. I had to change the following line in hdhomerun.py (line 526):
to this:
    if self.transcode == 'default': tranOPT = (tuner.getTranscodeOption() or 'none')

As I was diagnosing things I found that there is a bug in pyHDHR.py.  The function getTranscodeOption was failing a not returning the transcode option set in my HDTC-2US.  It failed raising an exception due to the function "Regex" not being defined. No error was detected because it was caught by the exception handler.  I changed the following lines of code starting at line 586 (the commented out lines were the original lines)

#regx = Regex('transcodeChanged\(\)">((.|\n)+?)</select>').search(response.read())

Thanks, I no longer own a transcode model HDHR... so my development is dependent on HDHR's API docs.
(2021-02-06, 05:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 03:10)cookieisland Wrote:

to this:

Thanks, I no longer own a transcode model HDHR... so my development is dependent on HDHR's API docs.
Thanks for your work on this!  Much appreciated!
(2021-02-06, 06:39)cookieisland Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 05:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 03:10)cookieisland Wrote: Thanks for the quick update. Unfortunately it died again. This time it tried to use the url http://10.8.8.91:5004/auto/v8.2?transcode=default and 'default' is no good. 

to this:

Thanks for your work on this!  Much appreciated!
I am still having issues so I have created some proposed fixes, tested them, and opened a PR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Simple1