Bye-bye windows?
Plug it in and set Kodi to 2160p or whatever option appears in video settings in kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-16, 08:45)nickr Wrote: Plug it in and set Kodi to 2160p or whatever option appears in video settings in kodi.

I maybe hijacking this thread so apologies..

As I had stated earlier.. I was confusing HDR with 4K. ultraHD, 4k, HDR are used interchangeably and loosely (I realize not necessarily correctly)..

I understand 4k is possible on intel on Kaby/apollo lake, but HDR is not.. if I am correct, how does that affect the experience? Are there any legal addons that do HDR? Can we even make digital copies of your legally purchased ultraHD Blu-ray Discs with HDR encoding?

I guess my question is, will I be losing out on any quality Kodi experience in Linux due to the lack of HDR that I could get with possibly ATV 4k and MrMC or LibreELEC amlogic?
My 4k display dosent do hdr so i cant comment but ive always jumped in with new tech so takin a back seat till things settle. 4k no hdr is fine by me for now.

I run kodi on linux @ 2160p so im happy with this.
(2018-01-16, 07:24)ozkhan1 Wrote: correct me if im wrong but i was told linux currently doesnt do 4k.... 
Linux (LibreELEC) can do 8K HEVC if necessary.
(2018-01-15, 21:34)bikesquid Wrote:
(2018-01-15, 21:19)nickr Wrote: Why not try Libreelec from a usb drive and see if you like it?
 Great Suggestion @nickr
Take a look at http://unetbootin.github.io/ - it'll build bootable distros onto a USB pen so you can try several out, particularly in the light of hardware compatibility checks and usable functionality.

That's how I originally dropped Mint onto my works netbook - I first booted off USB then installed it to an SD-MMC card in the side slot, avoiding my OS and keeping an alternative OS handy on a separate chip.
LibreELEC has its own USB-SD creator tool.
So, you currently have a good running setup based on Wndows? Why do you want to get rid of Windows in the first place? I would say: if it ain't broken don't fix it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bye-bye windows?0