Launch other UWP apps with kodi?
If I remember correctly in another thread it was mentioned that kodi was capable of launching other UWP applications, is there a tutorial how to do this, and would it allow something like launching your xbox one games/apps from within kodi?
There may be a better way to do this, but I use this app https://brianlima.github.io/UWPHook/  it creates a shortcut for UWP apps and adds them into your steam library.  I then copy the shortcut into AEL
(2018-01-15, 19:02)DirtyDogg Wrote: There may be a better way to do this, but I use this app https://brianlima.github.io/UWPHook/  it creates a shortcut for UWP apps and adds them into your steam library.  I then copy the shortcut into AEL
 That makes sense but I was thinking more of like a way to do it natively within kodi, and more attuned the xbox one version, where I don't think this work around would be possible.
Why would you do that when the xbox button pulls up full functionality? Just wondering as im assuming if you have an xbox you play games so being inside the Kodi gui for long periods of time unless your using your xbox just for kodi seems limiting your options.
I would understand this within a windows OS but if so i'd bin the UWP for native windows install anyway; Just asking as i find the option to switch out of Kodi to my Sat input flawless via the xbox button (2 clicks).
(2018-01-16, 04:31)Derek Wrote: Why would you do that when the xbox button pulls up full functionality? Just wondering as im assuming if you have an xbox you play games so being inside the Kodi gui for long periods of time unless your using your xbox just for kodi seems limiting your options.
I would understand this within a windows OS but if so i'd bin the UWP for native windows install anyway; Just asking as i find the option to switch out of Kodi to my Sat input flawless via the xbox button (2 clicks).
 I suppose your right, but for curiosity sake, if the feature is possible, I would like to know how it works, I don't see why that would need to be questioned, or the information with held.
(2018-01-15, 18:43)Spooks Wrote: If I remember correctly in another thread it was mentioned that kodi was capable of launching other UWP applications, is there a tutorial how to do this, and would it allow something like launching your xbox one games/apps from within kodi?

It's possible for an UWP app but not implemented in Kodi. To launch another uwp app need to know its Id. I can't imagine for what it can bu usefull.
Here's one scenario in which it would be useful. I have Kodi installed on multiple types of devices, and I want to implement a similar user interface on all of them (so that other family members will more easily become familiar with the interface). I have two Xbox's and two Fire TV sticks (not in the same room as an Xbox). I can add shortcuts to Android apps such as CNN Go, Cooking Channel, etc., and put them in the favorites folder. Then Kodi is a focal point for all media available on the device, which is kind of the point, yes? It's not perfect though, because some apps exit when you hit the back button, and some pop the back stack. When they exit, you end up in the Fire stick's home screen instead of Kodi, then I have to re-launch Kodi. Oh well... 

If the Xbox version also had short cuts to the same apps (a lot of them are available on the Xbox as well as Android TV boxes), then the general usage of Kodi is very similar even on completely different devices.
zomg, did you read my post? to lauch an app Kodi has to know it unique Id like this `271e507e-f701-47d5-876f-00dbf3311f09` did you know a guid for Netflix as an example?
I have not attempted to write any UWP programs myself, but if I were to attempt it, I'd look for a O/S facility for querying the installed apps to find them by friendly name, then discover the guid. Something like this? https://www.suchan.cz/2016/10/uwp-quick-...indows-10/
did you read the article. you have to know package name 
Quote:/// <param name="packageName">Package name in format: "949FFEAB.Email.cz_refxrrjvvv3cw"</param>
yes you can detect that package is installed but you have to know a package name. it's not a simple "Netflix" it's always something like this "Netflix_987432t" or "adjhg.Netflix_fhjkhfds1432". i.e. Kodi has to has a list of all packages. If an user wants to add VLC to start from Kodi then Kodi has to know it's package name. repeat for all apps.. (see source code of sample app https://github.com/martinsuchan/wpdev.sa...cs#L23-L32). as I said early it's not easy!
Yes, I think I see the problem. The FAQ states that the package names are found in the AppData folder, but it can't be accessed in the mobile or xbox platforms. Makes it difficult, especially when the names can chenge every time the app is published. There must be a way, though...
This thread is a bit dated, but I thought I would offer support for Kodi being able to incorporate UWP apps. As Microsoft expands their offerings for the game pass subscription, PC games will increasingly be available via UWP (I've been testing this out with Outer Worlds and Zoo Tycoon, for example) and would be a good candidate for Kodi library management. I totally understand that something like this couldn't even be a glimmer in a developer's eye if the request for UWP dev expertise for Kodi as a UWP app on the news page is anything to go by. Just worth saying it would be a pretty cool feature someday.
you can create an app of a web page then use  Advanced Launcher to run the app
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344475  

it would just take Advanced Launcher being updated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch other UWP apps with kodi?0