• 4(current)
Atmos Audio Dropouts with UHD-BD
Not sure if this is helpful or not but I have never once had an audio dropout with any version of KODI. I've had ATMOS passthrough from late versions of 17 through to 19.0 on a 2017 NVIDIA SHIELD. It has worked flawlessly with an ONKYO TXNR787 and a DENON 4500h.

I feel for all here that are reporting problems, but am concerned when the KODI team acknowledges that the problem lies in the code. I think my hardware is as run of the mill as they come. Will any potential fix for this issue affect those of us NOT having the issue? How can we be experiencing different outcomes with similar hardware and identical software?

Now...issues with frame rate skipping on 19.0...don't get me started...LOL
(2021-05-04, 17:14)crutzulee Wrote: Not sure if this is helpful or not but I have never once had an audio dropout with any version of KODI. I've had ATMOS passthrough from late versions of 17 through to 19.0 on a 2017 NVIDIA SHIELD. It has worked flawlessly with an ONKYO TXNR787 and a DENON 4500h.

I feel for all here that are reporting problems, but am concerned when the KODI team acknowledges that the problem lies in the code. I think my hardware is as run of the mill as they come. Will any potential fix for this issue affect those of us NOT having the issue? How can we be experiencing different outcomes with similar hardware and identical software?

It is movie dependent (usually Disney). And repeatable on specific scenes.

So - if you are saying you watch via Kodi,  Zootopia, on the train scene near the beginning, or Frozen 2, at various parts, both in Atmos (via THD), and you don't have dropouts - you have a magical setup and have somehow bypassed known issues in the code.

If you are saying generally you don't recall dropouts, it may be you aren't watching the movies that have the issue.
(2021-05-05, 17:13)Deam Wrote:
(2021-05-04, 17:14)crutzulee Wrote: Not sure if this is helpful or not but I have never once had an audio dropout with any version of KODI. I've had ATMOS passthrough from late versions of 17 through to 19.0 on a 2017 NVIDIA SHIELD. It has worked flawlessly with an ONKYO TXNR787 and a DENON 4500h.

It is movie dependent (usually Disney). And repeatable on specific scenes.

So - if you are saying you watch via Kodi,  Zootopia, on the train scene near the beginning, or Frozen 2, at various parts, both in Atmos (via THD), and you don't have dropouts - you have a magical setup and have somehow bypassed known issues in the code.

If you are saying generally you don't recall dropouts, it may be you aren't watching the movies that have the issue.
second to this comment! For people using Kodi targeting HQ video & audio (esp. DB 5.1, DTS, DolbyVision, Atmos) like me, I has always been a try & error with luck-seeking. I don't know if those codecs has a unified industrial standard to embed in video/audio, or how does Kodi handle these codec correctly if can. 
It seems some video/audio can play clean and crystal clear,  but suddenly if you change any setting ( e.g. audio -=> 2.0) or enable choices under pass-through, it works or not, something needs to reset. i.e. the default settings are not failureproof or intuitive. Where's the best practice setting or tuning process?
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
Any news on this issue? I'm still seeing the same problem. It happens in the same exact places on my Shield Pro and On my Raspberry Pi 4. Both devices are running Matrix 19.1. Also worth noting that I've most recently noticed this on Tangled (another Disney flick).

logs just in case it'll help: https://paste.kodi.tv/ozupemadit.kodi
(2021-07-08, 02:27)rcbens02 Wrote: Any news on this issue? I'm still seeing the same problem. It happens in the same exact places on my Shield Pro and On my Raspberry Pi 4. Both devices are running Matrix 19.1. Also worth noting that I've most recently noticed this on Tangled (another Disney flick).

No news - it appears it hasn't, and isn't, being worked on.
(2021-07-29, 19:03)Deam Wrote:
(2021-07-08, 02:27)rcbens02 Wrote: Any news on this issue? I'm still seeing the same problem. It happens in the same exact places on my Shield Pro and On my Raspberry Pi 4. Both devices are running Matrix 19.1. Also worth noting that I've most recently noticed this on Tangled (another Disney flick).

Currently searching for a non-Android alternative device. Any high bitrate files with high end audio are problematic with the Shield Pro from my experience. More than half of my library can't be played without anywhere from half a dozen to hundreds of audio dropouts. Nobody seems to care about high-end or even decent audio these days. Audio issues like this have gone ignored with Plex for years as well.
Found this thread (and forum) after being disappointed by many audio dropouts watching Raya and The Last Dragon last night (UHD Atmos).  The end credits sequence in particular has many repeatable dropouts, and no setting I change makes them go away.
(2021-08-07, 01:46)Deadreckon Wrote:

Currently searching for a non-Android alternative device. Any high bitrate files with high end audio are problematic with the Shield Pro from my experience. More than half of my library can't be played without anywhere from half a dozen to hundreds of audio dropouts. Nobody seems to care about high-end or even decent audio these days. Audio issues like this have gone ignored with Plex for years as well.

intestine with kodi 18.9? yesterday I did the test and I had no losses
(2021-08-09, 00:00)tebling Wrote: Found this thread (and forum) after being disappointed by many audio dropouts watching Raya and The Last Dragon last night (UHD Atmos).  The end credits sequence in particular has many repeatable dropouts, and no setting I change makes them go away.

Did you try to deactivate HD-audio formats (TrueHD/DTS-HD) under „system - audio - passthrough“?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-08-09, 22:58)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2021-08-09, 00:00)tebling Wrote: Found this thread (and forum) after being disappointed by many audio dropouts watching Raya and The Last Dragon last night (UHD Atmos).  The end credits sequence in particular has many repeatable dropouts, and no setting I change makes them go away.

Did you try to deactivate HD-audio formats (TrueHD/DTS-HD) under „system - audio - passthrough“?

Regards Hoppel

So we have to give up hd audio and atmos because the kodi devs think it’s more important to keep pushing releases and version rather then have a stable release without a bug thats been around for years
Still issues I see. I played Maze Runner: Death Cure the other day and it has tons of drop outs. I tried different settings but nothing worked
(2021-08-10, 05:30)KrispyKreme Wrote: Still issues I see. I played Maze Runner: Death Cure the other day and it has tons of drop outs. I tried different settings but nothing worked

did you tried kodi 18.9? I no longer have audio problems, but I don't know if the image is the same quality.
(2021-08-10, 07:32)Lobofer85 Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 05:30)KrispyKreme Wrote: Still issues I see. I played Maze Runner: Death Cure the other day and it has tons of drop outs. I tried different settings but nothing worked

did you tried kodi 18.9? I no longer have audio problems, but I don't know if the image is the same quality.
I don't think Kodi 18 has HDR. I'm also not sure how one version of Kodi would fix all these issues (which are generally at set spots every time), but no version before or after. 
You had passthrough with Atmos showing on your receiver?
(2021-08-09, 22:58)hoppel118 Wrote:

Regards Hoppel

Unfortunately, while that solution will "work" in terms of stopping dropouts, it will negate HD audio and prevent Atmos from working.
(2021-08-07, 01:46)Deadreckon Wrote:

I had thought that the shield had been updated so that Plex could in fact play the files without dropouts? Are you running the latest firmare?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos Audio Dropouts with UHD-BD0