Slow initial import
Hello
I have been using the old 1.4.80 beta version,and import was super fast, but since it can no longer scrape from imdb, i changed to Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.90-alpha git 1b7bb0c and import even though recursive scan,mediainfo scan and most scrapers are turned off,it takes a REALLY long time to read my collection. Shouldnt it initially just read the nfo's i have with each movie,and just add them? It seems each title takes quite awhile to read and add.. And since i have over 3000 titles,it will take several days to complete just the initial import. 1.4.80 took like 15 mins top

Any idea why this is or setting needs to be turned off? Or is this something that will get better as development goes on?

Thank you
It's not clear what you are doing
I always install new version on top of the old one, so no need to do anything, just scrap your new movies
Not clear? I added my shares to the new version,and thats it.. Ember needs to import them before a scrape takes place. It is this import that takes forever.
Well not much more info, but you say you have been running the old beta, so the advise is to install the new version to the same location as the old one.
Start Ember and job done, all settings and DBs is where

If you fore some reasons want a fresh install, setup your sources and do all other settings 
Back in Embers main window the list is populated with your movies and shows
From tools menu, hit reload all movies and Ember read your old nfos from source location and look for matching artwork, even if you have 3000 movies it shall not take more than a few minutes.
(2018-01-17, 01:01)T-bird_se Wrote: Well not much more info, but you say you have been running the old beta, so the advise is to install the new version to the same location as the old one.
Start Ember and job done, all settings and DBs is where

If you fore some reasons want a fresh install, setup your sources and do all other settings 
Back in Embers main window the list is populated with your movies and shows
From tools menu, hit reload all movies and Ember read your old nfos from source location and look for matching artwork, even if you have 3000 movies it shall not take more than a few minutes.
Like i said, this takes a VERY long time to complete..Very slow populating to use your word,it takes like 5 minutes to read each nfo,where in the beta it only took minutes like you say.. I deleted the old beta,as i like fresh installs..So is there some setting i am missing compared to the old beta?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow initial import0