Best way to play Dolby atmos 4k HDR content?
I've been maintaining a jumbled guide for almost 3 years now.  It's in my signature below.  No, it isn't borked.  No, it has nothing to do with the Windows HDR and advanced color switch.  You want to leave it off and let madVR switch your display itself into HDR mode, automatically.  PDVD is incorporated for 1:1 menus such as an iso.  However, I personally do not have the specific hardware to use PDVD for (UHD HDR.iso) menus.  All others yes, but not that.  HDR.mkv's are fine with PDVD and other players such as MPC flavors.  HDR.iso can play main movie with MPC which if you don't have PDVD required hardware is my choice.  If I met PDVD requirements, I'd use it because I prefer menus.  On the other hand, if after watching menus I prefer highest quality for the main movie, I'd switch to MPC on the fly.  I often do this with everything non-HDR.  HDR, I simply watch main movie only using MPC, madVR, and LAV Filters. 

You see, I'm thrifty.  I want to cover the entire gamut of everything there is as economical as possible.  At the same time, I demand the highest quality for playback and start with the highest quality sources, usually in iso format.  Iso's are not friendly but they are complete and require no further steps after ripping.  They are truly a one to one backup of the original disc.  The popular friendly stripped mkv is not.  I would rather put in the seat time to put it all together by typing on my computer instead standing in line at a store handing someone money.  Time is valuable for some and this really isn't practical for them.  It's much easier to order something online and lower your standards and expectations for the convenience they just granted themselves.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It comes with caveats though.  Your source you stream is not as high quality.  Subscription based entertainment requires a complimenting device to decode and render to your TV.  You see the limitations and problems discussed everywhere about them all the time.  But from a convenience standpoint, most could care less and live with what they have or don't have and conclude it's good enough.  Nothing wrong with that either.  Just want others to know there are alternatives, who like myself, demand more for less.  Sort of.  A subscription and device costs.  So do physical discs, PC hardware and compliments like a Harmony remote and/or X-10 switches.  Personally, I prefer to 'invest' the way I do.  Speaking of investments, DID YOU SEE THE NYSE TODAY!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-01-18, 00:33)brazen1 Wrote: I've been maintaining a jumbled guide for almost 3 years now.  It's in my signature below.  No, it isn't borked.  No, it has nothing to do with the Windows HDR and advanced color switch.  You want to leave it off and let madVR switch your display itself into HDR mode, automatically.  PDVD is incorporated for 1:1 menus such as an iso.  However, I personally do not have the specific hardware to use PDVD for (UHD HDR.iso) menus.  All others yes, but not that.  HDR.mkv's are fine with PDVD and other players such as MPC flavors.  HDR.iso can play main movie with MPC which if you don't have PDVD required hardware is my choice.  If I met PDVD requirements, I'd use it because I prefer menus.  On the other hand, if after watching menus I prefer highest quality for the main movie, I'd switch to MPC on the fly.  I often do this with everything non-HDR.  HDR, I simply watch main movie only using MPC, madVR, and LAV Filters. 

You see, I'm thrifty.  I want to cover the entire gamut of everything there is as economical as possible.  At the same time, I demand the highest quality for playback and start with the highest quality sources, usually in iso format.  Iso's are not friendly but they are complete and require no further steps after ripping.  They are truly a one to one backup of the original disc.  The popular friendly stripped mkv is not.  I would rather put in the seat time to put it all together by typing on my computer instead standing in line at a store handing someone money.  Time is valuable for some and this really isn't practical for them.  It's much easier to order something online and lower your standards and expectations for the convenience they just granted themselves.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It comes with caveats though.  Your source you stream is not as high quality.  Subscription based entertainment requires a complimenting device to decode and render to your TV.  You see the limitations and problems discussed everywhere about them all the time.  But from a convenience standpoint, most could care less and live with what they have or don't have and conclude it's good enough.  Nothing wrong with that either.  Just want others to know there are alternatives, who like myself, demand more for less.  Sort of.  A subscription and device costs.  So do physical discs, PC hardware and compliments like a Harmony remote and/or X-10 switches.  Personally, I prefer to 'invest' the way I do.  Speaking of investments, DID YOU SEE THE NYSE TODAY!
Hey thanks man, I had found your guide before your post. I tried it but the external video player is not started. I followed everything to knowledge to the letter. I tried MPC HC/BE with MadVR. 
But TRUST me colours are seriously fked up. And HDR is not showing properly. Even so that I will lose HDMI signal soon after mostly. 
I personally just dont do subscriptions, physical discs etc..

Perhaps someone can do a Remote Dekstop sometimes..? It's a longshot if someone would be willing to, but thats how much I care about getting proper HDR output in my videoplayers in Windows.
The external player probably doesn't start for you because you didn't follow the instructions carefully or got bad advice elsewhere.  Usually, an external fails to launch because you have something wrong in your PCFactory.  It could also fail to launch if you have 'use fullscreen' unchecked.  There is nothing wrong with colors for myself and others.  "trust me".  HDR is "showing" perfectly.  I understand it isn't for you.  Don't give up.  Set your stuff up slowly and carefully just once and after that you will enjoy it as we do.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Trust me I followed every single instruction from letter to letter. and XDR isnt working for me. I really need some in depth help.
But most here only seem to say, keep at it, you did something wrong. or link me to tutorials I have already seen.

If someone could be so kind to help me though remote desktop/teamview... id appreciate it. Would even pay for it if you manage to fix it.
I'm not the author of 'XDR' and I don't use it all.  There was a user here posting his progress on it here for a while.  There are too many unique situations to remote into you for an HDR setup and no one is going to see what you see on their end.  For starters, XDR is a method for those that don't have an HDR capable display.  For those that do, their are other alternatives such as the guide listed in my signature.  You say you followed every single instruction from letter to letter but the questions you ask, symptoms you describe, etc. have nothing to do with what is in that guide.  If you are following another guide, you should ask in that guide to get help.  I think the only guide for XDR is a youtube video but I could be wrong.  The 1st question you need to answer for yourself is if you have HDR equipment or not and then which guide or snippets of info you are going to follow pertaining to your hardware.  This includes the GPU you are using too.

(2018-01-22, 00:35)brazen1 Wrote: I'm not the author of 'XDR' and I don't use it all.  There was a user here posting his progress on it here for a while.  There are too many unique situations to remote into you for an HDR setup and no one is going to see what you see on their end.  For starters, XDR is a method for those that don't have an HDR capable display.  For those that do, their are other alternatives such as the guide listed in my signature.  You say you followed every single instruction from letter to letter but the questions you ask, symptoms you describe, etc. have nothing to do with what is in that guide.  If you are following another guide, you should ask in that guide to get help.  I think the only guide for XDR is a youtube video but I could be wrong.  The 1st question you need to answer for yourself is if you have HDR equipment or not and then which guide or snippets of info you are going to follow pertaining to your hardware.  This includes the GPU you are using too.
 No they won't see that, but I could communicate what im seeing. That shouldnt be an issue?
My Display is HDR capabable, LG55C7 +Marantz 6011 which ahs 4k@60 hz, dolby vision, hlg, hdr passhtorugh 4:4:4
GPU= 980M
I get HDR fine via external usb hdd or netflix internal app.

Im following the youtube links indeed you describe...
Don't quote me but I don't think the 980M is capable of hardware decoding UHD HDR aka x265 HEVC.  I think it only encodes which could be why you have problems.  Ask around or use a search engine.

HVEC is something different then HDR.... Also if I enable HDR through windows it seems to function as it intended I think? (just bad implemtation of microsoft)
Hi. I have a LG OLED B7 and a LG SJ9 Soundbar.

I have tried to play movies that i have on my computer through the apps LG Smartshare, Plex. I can play 1080p with atmos but not 4k with atmos.

As i've read trough the internet it seems like ARC cant handle 4k with atmos?

Will i need a box like Vero 4K+ or Nvidia Shield to do this? Do i also need a reciever or is my soundbar enough?

Thanks
(2019-04-23, 08:29)sipooo Wrote: Hi. I have a LG OLED B7 and a LG SJ9 Soundbar.

I have tried to play movies that i have on my computer through the apps LG Smartshare, Plex. I can play 1080p with atmos but not 4k with atmos.

Will i need a box like Vero 4K+ or Nvidia Shield to do this? Do i also need a reciever or is my soundbar enough?

Thanks

I play it directly from my network drive [not using Plex] and it plays on the same LG tv
(2019-04-23, 18:30)Alien0 Wrote:

Thanks

I play it directly from my network drive [not using Plex] and it plays on the same LG tv

Can you play 4k hdr with atmos?
(2019-04-30, 12:21)sipooo Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 18:30)Alien0 Wrote:

Thanks

Can you play 4k hdr with atmos? 
Yes, using the built in LG player, not through kodi or plex etc.

Here are some specs of the TV

OLED55B7V - 55" OLED Sliver 4K Digital TV B7
Key Features
No Set Top Box Required
The supreme image quality the world longs for
Dramatic Imaging. Cinematic Sound.
Active HDR, unlike other conventional HDRs
DOLBY ATMOS®- Cinematic Sound for your Home
webOS 3.5 simple and fun to use

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to play Dolby atmos 4k HDR content?1