How to do proper HDR playback in on windows?
I know you need MADVR for mpc-hc (doesnt work for kodi right..?), but do you also need to enable HDR in windows dekstop settings?
Or rather since the new desktop settings, do you only need the "windows desktop HDR setting" Or just madvr or both?

Why I also ask is because as soon as i enable HDR it looks blueish my screen.. idk... idea in my head it looks different then madvr HDR.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692
Followed the entire guide. external player doesnt popup for me. 
Also if i open MPCBE by itself and run HDR test file colours are REALLY fucked up... but hdr mode is active though. but i can see the colours aint right...
Hello chrisssj2

Don't ask your question here. You have been given the link to the thread that deals with your question, ask in there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-17, 19:43)chrisssj2 Wrote: I know you need MADVR for mpc-hc (doesnt work for kodi right..?), but do you also need to enable HDR in windows dekstop settings?
Or rather since the new desktop settings, do you only need the "windows desktop HDR setting" Or just madvr or both?

Why I also ask is because as soon as i enable HDR it looks blueish my screen.. idk... idea in my head it looks different then madvr HDR.
 Kodi Dsplayer version + MadVR:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1972183
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2018-01-19, 13:28)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 19:43)chrisssj2 Wrote: I know you need MADVR for mpc-hc (doesnt work for kodi right..?), but do you also need to enable HDR in windows dekstop settings?

Kodi Dsplayer version + MadVR:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1972183 
Doesn't work gives me : press ok when playback has ended(external player active)

But nothing happens...
Kodi  + MPC-BE x64 + Madvr HDR Passthrough + Lav Filters.
Works only in full screen Exclusive mode.

Read her for more https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/kodi-pro...vie.72647/

Dont forget to set 10bit color in your PC.
Windows 10 HDR is turning on automatic when you start HDP with mpc-be. Biggest problem after watching you need to turn off HDR manualy
(2018-01-17, 19:43)chrisssj2 Wrote: Why I also ask is because as soon as i enable HDR it looks blueish my screen
Its OK, colors only looks fine when you will watch HDR video or play HDR game, for all other you need to turn off HDR in Windows. Dont forget to turn on HDR in you TV for HDMI input too.

Correct, HDR does not work using the kodi videoplayer, so we use an external player and components to achieve perfect playback minus menus.  HDR is NEVER enabled using the Windows HDR and advanced color switch.  Not even during HDR playback.  It is out of the equation completely.  madVR commands the display to go into HDR mode when starting a UHD and HDR turns off when playback has ended (automatically).  Everything is automated.  Colors are perfect.  You are not setting something up correctly or your hardware has limitations.  Everything is covered in the guide from A to Z and should be followed carefully in order to yield perfect results as it does for others.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-01-18, 00:15)chrisssj2 Wrote: Followed the entire guide. external player doesnt popup for me. 
Also if i open MPCBE by itself and run HDR test file colours are REALLY fucked up... but hdr mode is active though. but i can see the colours aint right...
 This is common usually because the user has not followed instructions in the guide or got bad advice elsewhere and selected to not 'use fullscreen window'.  It should be checked anytime an external player is going to be used.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-01-20, 18:03)tomakas123 Wrote: Kodi  + MPC-BE x64 + Madvr HDR Passthrough + Lav Filters.
Works only in full screen Exclusive mode.

Read her for more https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/kodi-pro...vie.72647/

Dont forget to set 10bit color in your PC.
Windows 10 HDR is turning on automatic when you start HDP with mpc-be. Biggest problem after watching you need to turn off HDR manualy
This method was created by a user for those that do not have HDR capable displays but want a decent picture when playing one.

I followed instructions clearly. But Im still not having HDR with XDR. HDR mode wont activate on the TV.

And with MADVR colours are messedup. 

Also for some reason I cannot choose HDR in windows 10 desktop settings nor the resolution... (EDIT now I can again.. strange..)

Really need some indepth help here please.
perhaps anyone is willing to do a remote desktop/teamviewer with me?

Either I get:
1. No connection at all to screen.
2. Red tint all over the screen. With HDR on
3. Purplish tint all over the screen  With HDR On
4. No HDR mode activated at all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to do proper HDR playback in on windows?0