More details about “memorysize” from cache settings
Kodi 17.6

Device: Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+

Webpage related: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_th...e_settings

Hello,

I would like to know more precisely how <memorysize> works. I tested <memorysize> with numbers like 40MB, 60MB, 80MB and even 150MB. I have a test file with bitrate peaks of 200Mb/s (the maximum readrate of the device where the file is read is around 180Mb/s) and it does not change anything: the video stops at the same time, regardless the value of <memorysize>, then continues and stops again on the other peaks.

For your information:
– I had “gpu_mem=256MB” in the “config.txt” during the tests;
– <memorysize> works at least with the value 0 → it caches to the physical device;
– I read about <memorysize> which needs 3x the amount of this setting, I looked at the memory taken while playing the video and it is the same for each value, I have 100MB (= 800Mb) of free RAM during the video playback, from the beginning to the end;
– The test file is read from an external HDD.

Thank you for your understanding.
I assume you've set buffermode to value 1 as well?
I tried <buffermode> with value 0 and 1 yes. The only perceptible difference is with the value 1, which sometimes displays a warning “Read Rate Low For Continuous Playback”. But with these two values, I still have 100MB of free RAM during the video playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More details about “memorysize” from cache settings0