4K info in Movie/TvShow main window poster
Hi!
I believe this request is related to the default kodi skin only, but I might be wrong.

Sometimes, some one in my family comes to me and asks: "Why can't I play this movie?" (or similar) and by now, I already know the answer: "It's a 4k movie. You have to watch it in the living room."
This happens because I only have one 4k TV (the others are 1080p), all of them have some sort of access to Kodi (one hw supports 4k, the others don't), and all of the different kodi installations share the same MySQL database, with 1080p and 4k content.

So, is it possible to have some marker/balloon/something on top of a Movie/TvShow poster in the main window, telling us it's a 4K Movie/TvShow? Or maybe a foot note like the one we have in the movie library node?
I know you can get that info by going to "information" and that's ok for me, but not for the average user.

Thanks for the time!
depending on the skin and view, this info should already be available. Not necessarily as an overlay on the poster, but at a specific location that also shows other stream infos. In Estuary (our default skin since version 17), this information is always visible in the lower right corner if you enable the Setting: Interface -> Skin -> Configure Skin -> General -> Show media flags
(2018-01-18, 17:33)da-anda Wrote: depending on the skin and view, this info should already be available. Not necessarily as an overlay on the poster, but at a specific location that also shows other stream infos. In Estuary (our default skin since version 17), this information is always visible in the lower right corner if you enable the Setting: Interface -> Skin -> Configure Skin -> General -> Show media flags
Thanks for the help, and what you say it's true and I already have it on, but this option doesn't make any kind of change on the main window. It only affects the library nodes like movies.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!
ah sorry, missed the "main window" part. I'll point our skinners to it, maybe they have an idea on how to integrate it without cluttering the UI
(2018-01-19, 11:24)da-anda Wrote: ah sorry, missed the "main window" part. I'll point our skinners to it, maybe they have an idea on how to integrate it without cluttering the UI
 That would be great! Thanks.
In the same area, I don't think there is any way to show HDR flag, except as private file naming / skin convention?  At least for HEVC content I think it would be possible to store "main10" in streamdetails (don't know for VP9).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K info in Movie/TvShow main window poster0