Android Dropping FPS when using Simple Client
Hi all,

Last week I was watching some free-to-air streams through IPTV Simple Client, as I have been doing for the last 12 months or so when suddenly I had a drop in FPS. Kodi log is reporting 60FPS dropping to 40-43 and the picture is very jumpy, but when pressing 'o' it's showing 59.940FPS. My setup has been the same since August 2017 and I updated to v17.6 not long ago. I have contacted my provider and spoke with other members of our IPTV community and all have said the streams are completely normal at their end. I have tested my connection and I am getting a strong 52Mbps with very little ping. I have this problem with or without using my VPN. When turning on Logging via Kodi, sometimes only 3 Cores are dispplayed, sometimes one of the cores have a frozen percentage. MEN: 320325/837628 KB, FPSL 43.7 fps, CPU 35% CPU1: 20% CPU2 25% CPU3 31% (CPU KODI 59.71%)

Below is a list of things what I have done and my current setup.

Android MXQ 4K, 6 months old, Amlogic Cortex A53 CPU S905x
Connected by LAN directly into router.
Android 6.0.1
Kodi V17.6
Connected to TV via HDMI running at 1080p 60Hz
CPU Temp is 80c displayed by CPUz but I have opened the device looking to clean it but it's very clean.
I also have a USB pointer remote control/mouse that came with the device.

I have tried the follwing,
complete factory reset of the Android box via Recovery, various Kodi versions, wifi and LAN connections, loading my Channel list via SMB, USB and on the device itself. Checked through the settings in case I've missed aything. Had a massive search on the web but came across nothing. 

Can anyone shed any light on this? I have a log posted below.

Thank you.

Can anyone shed any advice on this?
Are these US Channels? What's your source? Also, a Debug Log would be required showing the frame skips.
It's the complete list of my channels. Most are from Czech republic running at 25FPS according to Kodi, but some are US and UK standard like BBC etc. How can I post my LOG fileas it's extremely bit and crashes the page when I try to post it

Thanks for the reply.
I cannot use pastebin as my log file size exceeds the limit. I have uploaded it to Uploadfiles, Thanks.

https://ufile.io/tlaw2
For anyone with a similar problem. I read that the Amlogic S905x may do something called thermal throttling when reaching a certain temperature. I tested this by using a hairdryer and sure enough, once the CPU reaches about 80c the FPS drops right down to 40FPS. When taking the heat off and blowing cool air, the temp drops and the FPS raises back to 60FPS. I have now took apart an old laptop I had, cut a hole and fitted a fan internal. It's powered by USB and took around 40 minutes to complete. I also discovered that the heatsink (if that's what you can call it) is a flimsy piece of what looks like aluminium. I have re-applied thermal paste and the heatsink thing. I will order a cheap one when I find time.

Both tests watching the same channel with the same ambient temp (26c)
Temp before the fan = 78c-84c
Temp after the fan = 38c -41c.

After 2 hours of testing, I am yet to duplicate the original problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropping FPS when using Simple Client0