Solved Kodi looses FullScreen Scale when restarting AVR
Hello everyone,

i "came over" to Kodi a few weeks ago as a long time MediaPortal User and got used to the Kodi Configuration real quick.
One thing is still bugging me tho, which i cant get rid of.

Im using Kodi in Full Screen Mode (Windows 7) and send the PC into Suspend or Hibernate when i dont use it.
When i call it back from sleep or switch off the AVR for whatever reason Kodi/Windows ofc looses the HDMI (and only) Monitor connection and thinks there is no Monitor attached to the PC.
When it gets the connection back, its still technically in FullScreen mode, but with the wrong Scale.
It uses only the left 3/4 of the Screen, the rightmost 1/4 of the Visible Screen is the Windows Background.

I hope i could explain the Problem in a understanable way Smile

At the Moment i just press Alt-Enter 2 times and it switches back to full FullScreen, but id like to fix that Problem without that Workaround.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
This happens when you lose handshaking thanks to HDCP standards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection and the only solutions seem to be Display (wiki) HDMI pin 19 trick or the work-rounds found here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432
I spent some hours searching and found another way to fix it.

Right Click on Desktop -> Resolution.
Here Press Detect
It shows a non existing Monitor.
A bit down in the DropDown Menu choose "Try to connext anyway"
Now choose to only show Desktop on this Monitor (You will loose the Screen, so use a remote Desktop for this!)
Choose the Resolution you use on your main Monitor (was 720p for me)
Choose your normal outpu Monitor again as only one.
Delete the Dummy Monitor you created
That's a pretty creative work-round, haven't seen that one; Thanks.
I have been putting up with this for almost a year now. I'm definitely trying this! Thanks!
Thread marked solved.
I suspect you have desktop DPI scaling set to the value other than 100%. If so the easiest way to fix your issue is to set the following in the kodi's shortcut properties:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi looses FullScreen Scale when restarting AVR0