No "Information" item in context menu
My Raspberry Pi fried (read: it broke down) so I had to re-install Kodi. I used to have a menu item named "Information" in "Videos -> Files -> Hard disk" under the context menu (i.e. when I press "C" on my keyboard). When I chose that item then Kodi went looking for the movie information on the iMDb (internet movie database). It retrieved the poster, a background image, fan art, plot info, etc.

Now I don't have said menu item anymore except for the movies the "Library Data Provider" Add On already found automagically. I want said menu item back because sometimes the movie info isn't found automagically (wrong movie name or something) and I really, really, really, really, really hate running the Library update. It takes an hour for it to (not) find all my movies.
(2018-01-20, 17:29)xbmcuser01 Wrote: "Information" in "Videos -> Files -> Hard disk"
I see this as a problem. NEVER set your entire hard disk as your source... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-20, 22:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-01-20, 17:29)xbmcuser01 Wrote: "Information" in "Videos -> Files -> Hard disk"
I see this as a problem. NEVER set your entire hard disk as your source... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder    
I didn't. It was just an example. It's a directory on my hard disk w/ my video's. Anyway, I used to have a menu item called "Information" (even for un-scraped/un-indexed items) and now I don't. How do I get it back?

P.S. It's a dir w/ my movies in subdirs. One movie per dir.
Ok, understand.

Back to original question. I don't recall a Context Menu option called Information. There is an option called Scan to library which will scan any unscraped item to the library. If an item is already in the library, that option won't be available.

Or you can press the letter i on the keyboard and it does the same thing.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I get it on my setup, but only for items that are already scanned into the library.

For items that aren't already scanned you get a selection like the one posted above.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Apparently things have changed. Thank you for the tip that one does that now by pressing the letter "I" on the keyboard.

It appears that there's something wrong w/ the 'Library data provider'. Not al my movies got scanned into the Library and Kodi can't find any movie info on the internet any more. I get an error when I do this:

"Main menu -> Video's -> Video add-ons -> Library data provider -> Recent video's" 

The error that I get is: "Library data provider error. Check the log for more info". So I enabled logging. See log on pastebin.
Anyone on that error log on Pastebin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No "Information" item in context menu0