kodi ignoring season
I'm manually editing some .nfo files for an anime and kodi seems to be ignoring seasons.

i have it set to

<season>2</season>
    <episode>1</episode>

but it only works if i have the filename as s02e01.

if i have it named like i want - [Yellow-flash]_Naruto_-_020_[v2][10bit][DVD][BD68B54E] then it simply puts all the files in one season.

there isn't anything inside the .nfo about the filename so i don't know why it matters.

i also tried using

<displayseason>2</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>1</displayepisode>

but that didn't work either, so i'm not even sure what the point of that tag is.

is this a bug?
How can you see it is episode 1 from your filename?
(2018-01-20, 20:20)Klojum Wrote: How can you see it is episode 1 from your filename?
 what do you mean? I have it set inside the .nfo file as episode 1.
No, not a bug.

You just haven't read the wiki pages on NFO Files and think that whatever you do will work. Basic things like mixing Absolute Order and Standard Order, totally wrong file naming as two examples.

In my signature is the link to NFO Files if you want to read about it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-20, 20:43)Karellen Wrote: No, not a bug.

You just haven't read the wiki pages on NFO Files and think that whatever you do will work. Basic things like mixing Absolute Order and Standard Order, totally wrong file naming as two examples.

In my signature is the link to NFO Files if you want to read about it.

I read the page, i'm not seeing anything on there on why kodi would ignore the nfo file. (I See that displayepisode is for special episodes)

if you're saying that it ignores whats in the .nfo file and only goes by the filename, is there a point to having those in the .nfo?
You need to name your files correctly, and then name the nfo file correctly. You haven't done that.

Just because you have a nfo file, it doesn't absolve you from correct file naming. You should know this by now.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Show me where this... [Yellow-flash]_Naruto_-_020_[v2][10bit][BD68B54E] is considered an acceptable naming convention in Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-20, 21:16)Karellen Wrote: You need to name your files correctly, and then name the nfo file correctly. You haven't done that.

Just because you have a nfo file, it doesn't absolve you from correct file naming. You should know this by now.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Show me where this... [Yellow-flash]_Naruto_-_020_[v2][10bit][BD68B54E] is considered an acceptable naming convention in Kodi.
 My files are named fine, they scrape fine, that's how i got the .nfo files in the first place.

and i'm only trying to use the local information from the .nfo files and not the internet now.

Kodi will let you edit other things inside the .nfo and will use them, so why not this?
Because you have not named your files correctly.

How have you named the nfo file?
My Signature
(2018-01-20, 21:29)Karellen Wrote: Because you have not named your files correctly.

How have you named the nfo file?
 It's the same name as the file

you keep saying that the files aren't named correctly, but the .nfo should take priority over that. Otherwise what's the point?
bump
You've already been told your files aren't named correctly, if it's Season 2 Episode 1 the filename must contain one of the patterns from the naming conventions, for example s02e01, even if a nfo is used.
(2018-01-28, 01:58)jjd-uk Wrote: You've already been told your files aren't named correctly, if it's Season 2 Episode 1 the filename must contain one of the patterns from the naming conventions, for example s02e01, even if a nfo is used.
 but you aren't answering the question of why it has to be like that instead of simply following whats in the nfo.
It is that way, because that is the way it is.

I don't know what answer you are looking for.

If you don't like it, then feel free to add your code to Github.
My Signature
(2018-02-09, 00:58)Karellen Wrote: It is that way, because that is the way it is.

I don't know what answer you are looking for.

If you don't like it, then feel free to add your code to Github.
 i'm looking for the logic of why kodi ignores the .nfo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi ignoring season0