• 2(current)
XBOX H265 4k very Slow
Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main 10), yuv420p10le(tv), 3840x1600, SAR 1:1 DAR 12:5, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

Looks like 10bit to me.
All 4 files are 10bit. As you can see currently UHD HEVC 10bit isn't supported.
Quote:WARNING: DXVA: UHD hevc main10 is not supported on Xbox One S/X. DXVA will not be used.
seems like should be solvable, because in the first version more than half of my 4k main 10 files played just fine, and other ones crashed immediately.
Yes and that's why we disabled it to not have a chance to completely crash
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
In the first version with my few 4k files it worked fine..I wait patiently the fix
(2018-01-21, 21:50)Figofigo Wrote: seems like should be solvable, because in the first version more than half of my 4k main 10 files played just fine, and other ones crashed immediately.

At least we should find a reason why some files play fine but some cause a crash.
Hi,

I test several 2160p mkv (8/10 bits) with the first version and it seems crash only happens when mkv contains hdr.

Many thanks to the devs and to the community Smile
HDR can't be a reason, because hdr data doesn't participate in decoding. But it may indicates a direction.

Edit: remembered I have a sample without HDR (record from UHD TV) which causes the issue.
maybe a problem between bt 709 and bt 2020 ? hdr commes with bt.2020

I think it would be interesting to have a spreadsheet to list compatible media
but since hardware decoding is disable, we cannot do any new test

it would be really great to play any mkv on an xb1 Smile
Similar problem is described on zidoo player forum
all but a couple of my videos are SDR 10 bit. It definitely crashes on SDR. Could it be DTS vs Dolby HD? Not able to test this anymore...
This affects all hevc 10 bit, am I correct? I have several 1080p 10bit hevc files, that all play too slow, and lose video/audio sync.
No only 4k UHD should be affected, as I recall 1080p 10bit hevc should still be hardware accelerated.
The same to me 4K is choppy. Also the menu on Kodi is in 1080 p. I can’t change it to 4K.
Hi,

Same here, I'm also affected by this issue. Every single one of all the 4K videos I recorded with my Sony camera (XAVC S format) play like in slow motion.

This is my log file: http://pastebin.com/embed_js/iiB2Ja7z
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H265 4k very Slow0