Music Videos not updating
Kodi 17.6

Kodi is not updating new music videos from local .nfo
It only gets the new videos if I remove the location and add it again. Then it will scan all over again and find the new videos.
All .nfo are according to the documentation.

Is that a bug or I am doing something wrong?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I checked the log and found the problem.
I'll reproduce the "bug":

I have, say, 10 music videos in a folder (no subfolders - all music videos in one folder).
3 of them still don't have .nfo yet.

So when I add that folder of music videos to Kodi it will add those 7 music videos, which have the .nfo associated.
As expected, the 3 videos that don't have the .nfo won't be added to the library.

Later, when I created the .nfo for those 3 remaining files and rescan the folder with Kodi it won't add those videos because they didn't have the .nfo in the first scan.

So those files without the .nfo in the first scan were added to a skip list, even though now they have the .nfo

I think there is a bug here since that behavior doesn't happen when the source contains movies.

It may be because my movies are in separated folders and the music videos are all in one single folder.
It doesn't look like some dev will give attention to this post.
Well, I've tried at least. Good to know that reporting Kodi bugs is just a waste of time.
It doesn't look like the member will give the debug log to this post.
Well, I've tried at least. Good to know that asking members for logs is just a waste of time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've checked the entire log. No need to post the log. You will find nothing there and just say there is nothing wrong.

I've shown where the bug is step-by-step in the answer above.
Without the log we have no information to work with and this thread is meaningless.

Upload a full debug log to PasteBin so there's something to work with or this thread will be closed. We're all out of crystal balls and the devs have better things to do than make blind guesses. Last chance, your choice.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Actually I think this is by design, but need to check more and haven't had time yet.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos not updating0