Movie set problem
Just upgraded to the latest  Kodi 17.6 Krypton... after which I refreshed my Movie and TV shows content sources (which reside on my NAS attached to the same ethernet switch as my Windows 7 PC running KODI)

Now I no longer have all my movie sets... of which I previously had many... now I only have one listed as "name" and which contains a large number of my movies all of which are not "set" related.

I removed the "name" set from the library, cleaned the library... and even deleted the video database and let KODI re-add my movie library... to no avail... 

What am I missing Huh
Hello mgwarren

A problem I haven't heard of before, but a number of questions come to mind...

1. Where did the metadata come from- NFO Files or online scraping

2. Have you correctly set the Souce in Kodi.
2a. Read about Sources here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files
2b. Please look at diagrams here to ensure it is correct... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

3. You don't say anything about the movies themselves. Did they scrape correctly, apart from the Movie Set info

4. Provide a Debug Log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, remove some movies from the set, then Update Library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

5. Read wiki page for Movie Sets. Link in my signature below.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
1. Where did the metadata come from- NFO Files or online scraping
---
*** With the exception of one or two NFOs for obscure movies which were not listed all my movies have been scraped from themoviedb.org
...and just to be clear the NFO represented movies are not involved in the movie set problem

2. Have you correctly set the Souce in Kodi.
---
*** Yes I believe so, same as I used in my previous version (15.0)
i.e. smb://N4800ECO/Movies

2a. Read about Sources here... Naming_video_files (wiki)
---
*** I always cut and paste the exact "movie name (date)" from the themoviedb.org site.

2b. Please look at diagrams here to ensure it is correct...
---
*** All my movies reside in one directory which the smb://N4800ECO/Movies share

3. You don't say anything about the movies themselves. Did they scrape correctly, apart from the Movie Set info
---
*** Yes initial upgrade from my previous 15.0 to the new 17.6 yielded all movies/info was intact except the movie set anomaly.  After making sure the "Group Movies in sets" button was enabled in the settings I then removed the "MyVideos93.db file and re-scraped my entire video library.  Which yielded the same result.

4. Provide a Debug Log.
---
Hopefully I did this right... here is the link that the debug addon yielded:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26431448

Look forward to your response...
Michael Warren
Hello mgwarren

Thanks for those answers.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the log. If you open it, you will see there is only a couple seconds recorded which shows nothing. Remember to follow these steps...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the results and link back here.

And to replicate the problem, remove a couple movies from the library that are included in this unusual set, then Update Library to get them back into the library.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-21, 23:32)mgwarren Wrote: Hopefully I did this right..
Almost Smile

10:56:46.288 T:3536 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

You need to enable debugging as per instructions via this link: debug log (wiki)
Also currently your log shows no action whatsoever. Nothing about scraping or even playing videos.
It might be useful if we can take a peek into your MyVideos107.db file. Are you comfortable sharing that?

If yes, upload to a file sharing site and link back here, same way you do with the debug log. But let's keep it private. As soon as you save your post, edit it immediately and remove the link. Only the moderators will be able to see the link.
My Signature
Update: during the period I was waiting on a lark I just started removing movies (which should have be in sets) from my library, then cleaning the library, then performing a scan for new content and voila that created that single group containing the movies previously removed.  Having nothing better to do I spent quite a bit of time replicating that process over and over and ultimately populated my library with what I believe to be all the movie sets that I had previously had prior to my upgrade from 15.0 to 17.6.  Albeit this was a somewhat laborious manual process as opposed to a preferred automatic sensing of the movie/set associations and creations.

To further exacerbate the situation during (2) attempts to create a debug log while following your instructions, both times the removed files came back correctly in a set... however, here is the link to the debug log during the second attempt... hopefully I got the whole thing this time and hopefully something will standout.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26434177/
Hi,

same problem here. But with an older Kodi-Version (15.x -> not for sure, will check if requested; It's OpenELEC 6.x). The problem occurred suddenly, it simply stopped working on that day, this thread has been started by mgwarren. Since i'm using the old version and have the same problem i think, this is not related to the kodi-version.

On the weekend of the 14th of January i changed my scraper-settings from the 'universal movie scraper' to the themoviedb-scraper. It worked fine and gave perfect results (changed from universal-scrape, 'cause themoviedb seems to work better, if you use german movie-titles and descriptions).

So on the next weekend i changed the settings on my fathers HTPC (same OpenELEC and Kodi-Version) to exactly the same and stumbled over the problem as described above.
All movies that should appear in a sets are now grouped in just one single set named 'name'. Re-Scan of complete Library didn't change anything.

Today i added a new movie to my database (that one that worked) (3rd part of a trilogy). While the other two were nicely grouped in one set, the new one was put in a set called 'name', exactly as on my fathers HTPC.
Since i didn't change anythink (and no updates where installed) i'think, themoviedb.org changed something in their api?!

Greetz,
Karsten

EDIT:@ some mod: maybe its possible to move this thread to an appropriate section like 'Add-on Support'->'Metadata scrapers' ?
(2018-01-28, 21:08)mr.mister123 Wrote: It's OpenELEC 6.x)
I think this might be your problem here. OpenElec seems to have fallen behind with maintenance. It currently does not work with the new v2.0 TVDB scrapers. The TMDB scrapers have been through some major changes in the last two weeks and more changes to come. It is possible, at a guess, that OpenElec now has problems with the TMDB scrapers.

Development and maintenance is more active with LibreElec. Try updating to LibreElec and see if that solves the problem.

But we would be in a better position to diagnose if you provide a debug log
My Signature
Here is the thread regarding changes to Movie Set scraping... It was released around 7 January 2018 so it would co-incide with your scraping on the 14 January.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325413
My Signature
Have you had any luck with this problem other than manually creating the sets?
I have the same problem after updating my library due to a hard drive reconfiguration.
Thanks
Bacchus
Hello Bacchus

Are you using OpenElec?
My Signature
Karellen,
I am using an Android based Minix box with Kodi.
Thanks
Bacchus
Ok, you will need to head over to Minix for assistance. They use a Kodi fork and different version scrapers
My Signature
Hello,

I have a similar problem too.
From one day to another, my Sets option in my menu disappeared and I can’t find a way I find it back, even when I’m browsing.
Sets totally gone.

I recently switched from TMDb to NFO which are more accurates for me... is that related?

Thanks for great support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie set problem0