Linux Mod Chromebox with Android 7.1 .. Please Help
Hello,
Please help !!!

I have a Chrome Box CN60 !!!
With i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM.

The box is in Developer Mode !!

I would like to install Remix OS or Android 7.1 in dual-boot or as the only sytem on the internal HDD of this box and delete Chrome OS !!!
But I would also be enough if Android 7.1 would run as a full system with memory function of the apps and system settings of USB stick !

I've kept to follow youtube manual and tried it first with Remix OS ..                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_UVocN_aaw&t=1034s

Remix OS with the Remix OS tool on a 3.0 USB stick with 8Gb installed !
And in addition a 3.0 USB stick with Rufus and Android 7.1 iso created.

The USB stick with Android 7.1 iso on it is recognized and can be started over the boot menu and works very well.

ImageImage

I then tried in the boot menu of the Chromebox to install the Android 7.1 on a second USB stick.

Unfortunately, I get an error message from Grub as soon as I reboot and start the box in both USB installations of, (Remix OS & Android 7.1).

I would be happy with the Android 7.1 Live version on the USB stick, however,
no apps or system settings are saved and are all gone after rebooting the box.
And the constant reinstall of the apps and settings after a reboot of the box is very very annoying and time consuming.

ImageImageImage Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Linux and am with the displayed pit errors überfragt
and unfortunately could not find a solution yet.

Question 1 = What did the grub fault mean and how do I fix the problem.                
                    would be nice if someone could show me piece by piece what to do?

Question 2 = If I launch Android 7.1 from the USB flash drive, how can I save my apps and settings?                
                   so that the box starts and starts immediately with all pre-installed apps and settings?

Question 3 = How do I install Android 7.1 on the internal HDD on which Chrome OS is installed (replace Chrome OS with Android 7.1)

Question 4 = In the boot manager there is the possibility to install on HDD, it is very confusing for me and I do not know                
                    in which paritition I should install Android 7.1 and how to delete Chrome OS. image                
                    There are so many to choose from .. What do I have to choose and how do I continue 

ImageImage
 I have since spent weeks with me through google and read youtube videos until I saw off.
Unfortunately, I found nothing suitable and must give up without help from you ..
Do not know me with Linux and hope one of you can help me ..

Please excuse my bad english.!!! Because you understand me I had to create this text with google translator.
Hello Jimmy4k,

Your English is good and easy to understand. Smile

Your questions don't seem to be Kodi related. They are aimed at the operating system level which is outside the scope of this forum

I will move your post to the Off-Topic section of the forum, where members are free to assist you if they have the knowledge.

I understand you may be doing all this to eventually install Kodi (possibly), but these are not Kodi related issues.

Let me know if I have misunderstood.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://mrchromebox.tech/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod Chromebox with Android 7.1 .. Please Help0