Req Kodi 18 - Global (overall) setting for audio/video sync (Audio offset)
(2019-03-26, 13:11)SkyHawk_Delta Wrote: This guy is 100% correct and I applaud his determination to address this issue. EXAMPLE: Playing a video from my personal media collection of movies I experience a 200 ms delay for almost all of my videos, it makes sense to add (not replace) a global audio delay setting feature for this. However, as stated above, there may be the occasional video with an different encoding method or something else that may cause a slightly different audio delay- having to adjust global audio settings to address these anomalies and remembering to set the global settings back to what they were previously after the video finishes is rubbish. And editing the XML file for something like this is also crap considering the different platforms Kodi is supported on. Sure if we all ran Kodi from a PC, but trying to make edits to core Kodi files hosted on an amazon fire tv would be mind-numbing. We need both a global audio sync setting (stored) and an individual setting (temporary) that can override the global audio delay setting.
Another vote to PLEASE KEEP the "per movie" offset and please ADD the global offset, not use it as replacement. The world is not perfect and many video files have imperfectly coded audio with random offset. You just want to sit down and watch move with family, not go back and start messing with re-encoding the audio on the file or mess with XML files! Having both settings is the best possible option and no harm in keeping both for best flexibility Also, my Kodi is on Firestick 4k and I just want the global option to address the well known sync issue with that particular device. Please add "global" and also keep "per movie". Thanks for the best media player I just discovered. I am a big convert.
I actually wish you could run an audio sync video from within the settings to help set the offset. I find it hard to set the audio offset while watching lip movements. Just throwing it out there
This still isn't implemented after years of requests?
(2019-12-31, 17:12)genepoutine Wrote: This still isn't implemented after years of requests?
Oh nevermind, I must have misunderstood the feature request or it's been implemented since the thread started. I too missed the "set as default" option at the bottom of the dialog. Incidentally, there's no way to delete/edit previous posts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 - Global (overall) setting for audio/video sync (Audio offset)2