title name issues
i'm looking for an easy fix to some of the names the scraper gets.

for example i added pokemon movies and shorts. i goto imdb and get "tt3427954" for example. which is for a pokemon short "camp pikachu"

i want to see Pokemon Camp Pikachu as the title in kodi. but i get "pocket monsters glittering starlit camp"

or tt0235679 which is pokemon 3 the movie, and i get pokemonsters the movie: lord of the unkown tower

then even the ones with Gekijô-ban poketto monsutâ - Myûtsû no gyakushû  for example which should read Pokemon the first movie, mewtwo strikes back.

i have it to only show english titles in the settings menu, and using the unversial movie scraper.

any help with this would be great.
You can put an .NFO file beside the movie with a link to the imdb show. NFO_files (wiki)

or you can refresh the info for the movie in the GUI and select the correct movie.
To have shorts from IMDb in the movie results you need to enable get all movie categories in the scraper settings. This will however greatly reduce the scraping accuracy on automatic scraping.

...and I move your thread to the support category, please don't post such support requests in the development forum.
i have gone to IMDB and taken the movie number, but it's not putting information in the way i want it. i want to on kodi side of the interface and rename or force it to show the name i made the file. i don't want gobbly gook writting for a movie name. like i said i took tt3427954 from IMDB, used the manual enter for file name, and instead of it showing the movie as "Pokémon: Camp Pikachu (2002) " like it does in IMDB, it's showing either "Poketto Monsuta: Pikapika Hoshizora Kyanpu (original title)" or "Pocketmonsters crazy fun time camp" (not exact name) it shows the information on the side, in the info shows all the right stuff. just the name is not what i want to see.

how do i make Kodi show me "Pokemon: Camp Pikachu"

this is just one example, only 4 out of 13 movies came out right, and i'm tired of messing with the refresh crap and it comming up with different names.
ok there seems to be a disconnect on what i'm trying to acheive here.

i have a server. go figure. i have 3 TV's that read from the server all with Kodi.

i found that letting the scraper go on each one cause the same errors. for example i have all the james bond movies in there order. named "James Bond XXX - Movie name" well scraping this didn't work atall and lefr all the james bone movies out.

so on my server i installed kodi, and i fixed every file. then exported the .nfo file with things the way i like them.

so now when i scrap on the media boxes i do a local scrap, it pulls the information from the nfo and Bam i have all XXXX movies and blah TV shows with all information correct.

so here i am trying to add some new stuff and it's not conforming to my standard.

all someone had to tell me was open the .nfo file with note pad and you can change things in there.  like for the gobbly gook names. i can go into the NFO and change the things i don't like Smile

now as far as the shorts for pokemon, there still not adding all the meta data to kodi, can anyone point me in a direction so i can solve this.
So other than the title issue, what else do you mean by "still not adding all the meta data to kodi" for pokemon? Except the poster what I know...

Edit: other than that I didn't get a word from your rant about 3 TVs, james bonds movies, nfo files and  gobbly gook names... Smile
(2018-01-22, 22:13)cyprus125 Wrote: all someone had to tell me was open the .nfo file with note pad and you can change things in there.
In post #2 you were given the link to the wiki page explaining NFO Files. Obviously you did not read it. Wink

Have a read and learn what else you can do with a nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@cyprus125 I just pushed an update to UMS what should solve the title issue AND if you enable the new IMDb poster feature in the settings (make sure you do this on the movie source, not in addons manager), then you will even get a poster to this wonderful Pokémon short.
(2018-01-22, 23:21)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-01-22, 22:13)cyprus125 Wrote: all someone had to tell me was open the .nfo file with note pad and you can change things in there.
In post #2 you were given the link to the wiki page explaining NFO Files. Obviously you did not read it. Wink

Have a read and learn what else you can do with a nfo file. 
yes, i did read it. that is how i found out to edit it with notepad.  just saying a more direct answer is here is a link on NFO, but you could just edit them in notepad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
title name issues0