• 2(current)
Beta Library Integration Tool - Automatically add videos from plugins to your library
Yeh I followed that PR as well.
Apologies for not replying earlier!  Apparently I wasn't subscribed to my own thread...

@sbernstecker

I'm sorry you're running into this issue.  I'm not able to replicate the problem so I just need a little more info.  
- What happens when you click "Add all..."?  Do you see a progress bar that goes through the movie/show titles?
- Does it fail to add individual movies/episodes to managed, or does it only happen when you try to "add all"?
- When you say the managed section is empty, is it just showing the dialog "No managed movies/TV shows"?
- If you can provide a debug log, that would also help me track down the issue.  See here for instruction: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Also, the link in the the first post is just for my repo.  When you install the addon from my repo, it will get the latest version and should auto-update. Version 0.2.2 is the latest release.

@oOflyeyesOo 

I'm not familiar with those addons.  I doubt trakt would handle .strm files correctly, but you should still be able to manually select "Mark as watched" afterwards.

If you have any specific feature requests, I will definitely consider them.  And thanks for pointing out that PR, it might eventually make this addon obsolete haha.  It looks like it relies on individual plugin support though.

@Lunatixz 

Thanks for the kind words about this project!
hi

first thanks for the ADDON ..  i love it.

so i use the option SYNC TO DIRECTORIES to add a TV SHOW... 
how come the new EPISODE of the show are not "AUTOMATICALLY "being added to the LIBRARY?

Do i have to click UPDATE ALL manually in the VIEW SYNC DIRECTORIES  and STAGE it everytime there is a new EPISODE...I wish there is an automatic way...so new EPISODE shows up in the LIBRARY.

again thanks so much
Glad you like the add-on!

In the current version, when new episodes are available, you do need to "update all" synced directories and add the episodes to the library from staged.

I've been doing a ton of work on re-writing the database for the next version to make the add-on faster. Once I finish testing and debugging that, I plan on adding automatic background updates (and I can make an option to add new items to the library too).
Hi, I just discovered your addon and I love it! Thanks for your work. I'm trying to use it with the amazon prime addon...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

...the movies do play through the amazon addon and also get added to the library, but when trying to play them when browsing from the library I get a message error; do you know if your addon is compatible with the amazon addon? Thanks again!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Thanks for the feedback!  It's good to know that people are using this add-on.

I just downloaded and tried to use the Amazon plugin, but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't support MacOS or Linux yet so I can't test it.  As soon as I can use it on one of my computers, I'll find out what's going on and see if it's possible to fix it on my end.
I just added version 0.3.0 to my repo.  See the first post for the change log.  I completely changed the local database with this update, so if you run into any issues let me know and I'll fix it asap.  Also, it would be a good idea to make a quick backup of your managed folder before updating.
thank you very much for your quick response and hardwork...looking forward for the AUTOMATIC addition of new episodes to LIBRARY
Is it possible to add the Trakt.tv “Progress” playlist that they automatically generate for you based on any show you’ve recently watched? I know other addon that off library integration only work with Trakt lists of the list was manually created…. The Progress list is not a manually created list (it’s a smart list that just populates with the next show from whatever show(s) you’re watching…. Anyway I’d love to be able to intergrate this Trakt Progress list with my Kodi library… is that achievable with your add on🤞🤞?
1st off, ...excellent utility program.
My compliments. *****

I needed to modify utils.py because the program would fail once it got to a Movie title with ( ? and possibly # and , ).
* (This was on Windows7 PC /KODI 17.6 /Your version 2.2 /Video add -> Playlist Loader).

utils.py (original)
def clean_name(s):
    ''' this function removes problematic characters/substrings from strings for filenames '''
    #?TODO: replace in title directly, not just filename
    s = s.replace('.', '')
    s = s.replace(':', '')
    s = s.replace('/', '')
    s = s.replace('"', '')
    s = s.replace('Part 1', 'Part One')
    s = s.replace('Part 2', 'Part Two')
    s = s.replace('Part 3', 'Part Three')
    s = s.replace('Part 4', 'Part Four')
    s = s.replace('Part 5', 'Part Five')
    s = s.replace('Part 6', 'Part Six')
    s = s.replace(' [cc]', '')
    return s

*** (Modification required to get through "plugin.video.playlistloader" movie list and not fail while writing .strm files)
def clean_name(s):
    ''' this function removes problematic characters/substrings from strings for filenames '''
    #?TODO: replace in title directly, not just filename
    s = s.replace('.', '')
    s = s.replace('?', '')  <<-*ADDED
    s = s.replace(',', '')  <<-*ADDED
    s = s.replace('#', ' ') <<-*ADDED
    s = s.replace(':', '-')
    s = s.replace('/', '')
    s = s.replace('"', '')
    s = s.replace('Part 1', 'Part One')
    s = s.replace('Part 2', 'Part Two')
    s = s.replace('Part 3', 'Part Three')
    s = s.replace('Part 4', 'Part Four')
    s = s.replace('Part 5', 'Part Five')
    s = s.replace('Part 6', 'Part Six')
    s = s.replace(' [cc]', '')
    return s

If you could apply this mod without any conflifcts, it would be appreciated.
/shooty
@shooty 
Thanks for the the feedback.  I believe the issue is the ? (and possibly ,) since Windows has more illegal characters than Linux/MacOS.  I will add a conditional check to that function that removes these additional illegal characters if you're using Windows.  This will be ready in the next update (v0.3.1).

However, I'd strongly advise against modifying `clean_name` again since it can lead to lots of issues.  If you run into any problems down the line because of this, I suggest you follow this procedure:

1) Go to "View Managed Movies" and select "Move all movies back to staged"
2) Go to "View Managed TV Shows" and select "Move all TV shows back to staged"
3) Open your managed folder and delete any folders that are still in ManagedMovies or ManagedTV
4) Now you can re-add your staged movies and TV shows 

@rhoop206 
I'm not familiar with trakt.tv since I haven't used it before.  If it's a video add-on that let's you watch remote video streams, then yes it should work.
Thanks for a very useful utility.

What do you think about adding the ability to have multiple library folders. In my case I split movies and tv shows into different libraries. Main, Kids and Documentaries. Currently with the tool, there is only one library which means all the categories would have to be mixed. Adding the ability to libraries/Folders for Kids, Documentaries etc would be quite useful. TV Shows and Movies for each Library could be in the same folder as it is now.

What's your opinion of this idea?

Cheers,
LongMan
LongMan,

That's an interesting idea and it should be doable.  I'll add that to my to-do list, but it might take a while since I currently have a backlog.
I'll wait. Thanks
I just pushed a minor update (v0.3.1) with a couple bug fixes.  If you run into any issues following the update, follow these steps:

1) Go to "View Managed Movies" and select "Move all movies back to staged"
2) Go to "View Managed TV Shows" and select "Move all TV shows back to staged"
3) Open your managed folder and delete any folders that are still in ManagedMovies or ManagedTV
4) Now you can re-add your staged movies and TV shows

I also wanted to give everyone a head's up that this may be the last update for a while.  I got a new job (partly due to having this awesome addon in my portfolio!) and it requires alot of travel so I don't have access to my main Kodi setup where I do most of my testing.  The Github repo (https://github.com/patrick-klein/script....ation.tool) has extremely clean code so feel free to fork it and submit pull requests, I'll make time to review them and push updates if I see any.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Integration Tool - Automatically add videos from plugins to your library0