Help needed troubleshooting freezing issues in Kodi/LE w Mediaportal backend
(2018-01-29, 20:10)tomoqv Wrote: LibreElec doesn't have the SMB client setting, but on Kodi I could set it to Max Protocol = SMBv1. However, trying to add e.g. a video source from "Windows Network (SMB)" gives me the following error: "The share is not available". For some mysterious reason I was able to add my Timeshift and Recordings folders through SMB the other day. And, as stated, the SMB sources that I have previously added to Kodi still remain after adding the EdgeRouter into the network equation. Everything except the EdgeRouter its built-in switch is the same as before. So I am pretty sure the problem has something to do with that, but I can't figure out what i wrong. I have posted in the EdgeRouter forums as well, so hopefully I can find a solution to this soon.
The smb settings on LibreElec are displayed when you change settings to expert. I really think you should be focusing on the windows tv server. There are numerous reports on "non kodi forums" that Win7 is experiencing network connectivity issues after resuming from hibernation or sleep. Sometimes M$ will provide a driver update that enables power save features on the NIC. Make sure green Ethernet and other power saving features for your NIC and/or system are disabled. Try creating a new local user on the windows tv server and assign permissions to the shares and attempt to connect using those to rule out any corrupt permission issues that may exist. If you want to rule out a Kodi issue create a smb share on your Ubuntu/Kodi client and drop a couple video files in there. Have the LibreElec client connect and play the video. That will rule out SMB on the network and on the Kodi Client end as being the issue. Good Luck.
I discovered another odd thing yesterday, maybe coincidence, but still weird. The mediaplayer freezes occured exactly on the hour, e.g. 08:00, 09:00, 21:00 etc. If both mediaplayers were running, they stopped at exactly the same time.
Yeah, I more and more feel that the MediaPortal TVServer has to go. On a Linux backend, which would you recommend - TVHeadEnd or MythTV?

Thanks!
(2018-02-01, 12:59)tomoqv Wrote: Yeah, I more and more feel that the MediaPortal TVServer has to go. On a Linux backend, which would you recommend - TVHeadEnd or MythTV?
VDR
(2018-02-01, 12:59)tomoqv Wrote: On a Linux backend, which would you recommend - TVHeadEnd or MythTV?
I have used MythTV, Argus-TV, Mediaportal, TVheadend, and Plex. Argus-TV was the most stable on Windows but the development halted over the years. Recently the forums have become active again and the primary developer dot-i has expressed interest in updating and opening up the code. I think I read something about a potential port to linux. TVheadend was kind of a pain to setup. Getting Schedules Direct to work with it was more trouble than its worth. I settled on MythTV and it has worked flawlessly with Kodi for several years. A newer option is the dvr feature included in the Plex media server. There is currently no grid style epg in plex and you have to go into the plex app on Kodi to use. Not sure if anyone is working on a pvr add-on for plex to access the TV portion directly through Kodi.

My opinion is use MythTV. It has repos available for Ubuntu and is updated on a regular basis. It also has the web interface for detailed scheduling and management.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed troubleshooting freezing issues in Kodi/LE w Mediaportal backend0