When will Kodi 18 be released?
I have been using the 64 bit nightlies for ages now.

I have a normal 17.6 installation and a portable one for 18 on the same drive but 18 has been rock solid and so I haven't touched 17.6 for a while.
(2018-01-23, 21:54)PatK Wrote: Although incomplete http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v18_(Leia)_changelog should give you the idea that Kodi is evolving. It will be released when it's ready, but I've been enjoying the Alpha for months.
Hi PatK,
 I was planning on a new thread, but I came across your comment (most relevant being the 2nd sentence.) and I think you may partially be able to answer my question. I see some of the latest comments on the thread tend toward what I'm thinking, which is that the Nightlies are quite stable.

In both of my "Production" / viewing environments (nVidia Shield, LibreELEC on Intel NUC) I am running 17.6 stable. On the Shield, I have been running into a lot of oddball issues very recently that I can only fix by restarting the Shield. I have been very hesitant to upgrade a main viewing unit to a nightly, but I understand that my biggest risk is reinstallation / configuration.

I haven't run into many issues at all in my test environments which I play around with once in a while. (64-bit nightlies on macOS High Sierra and Windows 10 Pro)

Since I use/play around with Kodi on Android TV, macOS, Windows, Linux.... (I even have a tvOS installation on my Apple TV 4K that works totally fine)

Main Question: Are there any environment-specific concerns that you or anyone else would share in general, but especially for Android TV?
@alexsisk Sounds like you're taking in the best Kodi has to offer, good on that one. I also have an Nvidia Shield with Leia and have enjoyed more or less issue free functionality, but on occasion one of the nightly builds will be totally fubar, re-installation is the usual fix. If your set-ups are serious (large library and customizations) then you might want to wait until there is some sign of stability and I can't offer that with an Alpha install. But if you like tinkering and feel your set-ups are easily recoverd, then by all means let the software fly.

" running into a lot of oddball issues very recently "

best covered with a proper debug log posted to a support thread.
(2018-02-10, 18:40)PatK Wrote: @alexsisk 

" running into a lot of oddball issues very recently "

best covered with a proper debug log posted to a support thread.
 Thank you for your response.

I can't definitively say whether or not the issues started before or after the Shield Experience 6.3 update, so it might be more of an issue with the OS.

I think what I'll do is give Leia a try, paying closer attention & documenting the circumstances & specifics surrounding the misc. issues, then go for targeted support w/log included if I collect enough relevant data.

Thanks once again for confirming exactly what I'd hoped - which is that there are not any Android TV-specific environmental issues w/Leia as compared to other environments in your experience!
This question never goes down well, and for good reason.. It's because they don't know.. It will be ready when they think it's ready!
If your up for some testing of alpha stuff.. good onya!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When will Kodi 18 be released?0