• 1(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Alexa Video Skill integration of Kodi.
This differs from other Kodi Alexa Skill implementation in that you don't have to utter invocation name. You can simply say "Alexa, play Ironman"
It is also easier to get it up and running, as it doesn't require to have any servers running, and is as easy, as installing the Addon on your Kodi instance.

More information can be found here: https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-alexa-video

Download links: https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-con.../readme.md
Feature list: https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-ale...g-features
I can't seem to find it in the skills page.
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
(2018-01-25, 02:47)cabbresson Wrote: I can't seem to find it in the skills page.
Since it's still in beta, I have to manually add peoples Alexa connected emails for them to see the skill.
This looks interesting, how can I get signed up in order to try it out?
(2018-01-25, 14:24)hslansky Wrote: This looks interesting, how can I get signed up in order to try it out?
 Hi, sorry for some reason, I still can't reply to your PM.
But just follow the Readme on the Github, and then I have to manually add your Amazon connected email to skill beta testing.
(2018-01-25, 14:30)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 14:24)hslansky Wrote: This looks interesting, how can I get signed up in order to try it out?
But just follow the Readme on the Github, and then I have to manually add your Amazon connected email to skill beta testing.  
Thanks, I've completed the first two steps and will PM you my Amazon email address.

One question:  My Kodi instance keeps connecting and immediately disconnecting to/from Kodi Connect.  Is this normal?
(2018-01-25, 15:01)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 14:30)tkislan Wrote:
Thanks, I've completed the first two steps and will PM you my Amazon email address.

One question:  My Kodi instance keeps connecting and immediately disconnecting to/from Kodi Connect.  Is this normal? 
That usually means that you've entered incorrect credentials in Kodi Connect addon.
You should enter email (as registered on Kodi Connect server, atm still case sensitive), and a secret that was autogenerated when you added a Device on that page.
(2018-01-25, 15:14)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 15:01)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 14:30)tkislan Wrote:  Hi, sorry for some reason, I still can't reply to your PM.

That usually means that you've entered incorrect credentials in Kodi Connect addon.
You should enter email (as registered on Kodi Connect server, atm still case sensitive), and a secret that was autogenerated when you added a Device on that page. 
Didn't see any place in Kodi Connect add-on to enter the secret, only email and password.
(2018-01-25, 15:20)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 15:14)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 15:01)hslansky Wrote: Thanks, I've completed the first two steps and will PM you my Amazon email address.

Didn't see any place in Kodi Connect add-on to enter the secret, only email and password.  
NVM, figured it out.  Kodi Connect settings have entries for userid and password, should be useriid and secret.  Connects fine now, just need the skill to test this out.
Yeah I am just waiting on the Skill also this would be a great skill thought about this development for awhile. Just need to read on how the skills are created.
I actually run 5 Kodi setups on a living room wall with 5 tvs So this would be a huge plus for controlling them. Kind of excited to check this out.

Thanks to the developer for all the hard work I am sure this took.
Can you add me also when you get a chance
(2018-01-26, 06:13)havlc2u Wrote: Can you add me also when you get a chance

Just send me your Amazon Alexa connected email in PM, so I can add you
Hi there, sent you my email address in a PM. Please let me when you have added me, as of right now I cannot see the skill.
(2018-01-26, 14:26)hslansky Wrote: Hi there, sent you my email address in a PM. Please let me when you have added me, as of right now I cannot see the skill.
 Hi, I've already added you (for some reason, I can't reply to any PMs).
And is your Amazon accounts content set to either US, UK, or DE? Because currently it only works for those countries.
(2018-01-26, 14:41)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 14:26)hslansky Wrote: Hi there, sent you my email address in a PM. Please let me when you have added me, as of right now I cannot see the skill.
 Hi, I've already added you (for some reason, I can't reply to any PMs).
And is your Amazon accounts content set to either US, UK, or DE? Because currently it only works for those countries.

Yes, it is set to US. Do I need to do anything to add the skill or does it just show up? I assume it should be in the my skills section.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8