• 3(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
That's right it doesn't. Is there a way to make it via custom? That has Canada and has video settings.
(2018-01-29, 21:47)drizzt09 Wrote: That's right it doesn't. Is there a way to make it via custom? That has Canada and has video settings.
You can check out this skill: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254502
Even though you have to deploy everything yourself, it should be working in any country.
I already have that one and it works well. But I would rather an addon approach.
is there a way to make it a custom skill rather than a video skill? you can still get the video controls in the custom skill, you can just add more options on top.
then you would also have more language options.

Im going to send you a DM with my email if you can add me, i can try swapping from CA to US to see if i can get it working that way too(but i will lose my telus control this way)
(2018-01-30, 04:46)drizzt09 Wrote: is there a way to make it a custom skill rather than a video skill? you can still get the video controls in the custom skill, you can just add more options on top.
then you would also have more language options.

Im going to send you a DM with my email if you can add me, i can try swapping from CA to US to see if i can get it working that way too(but i will lose my telus control this way)
One reason, why I made it a Video Skill is, that I've been trying to use the Custom skill that already exists, but Alexa was constantly replying with error like "There is no Video Skill connected with this account" or something similar.
If you check other forum, for Kodi Custom Skill, developers are already thinking about making a solution, to host the skill for people, so it's not that difficult to set up. But there's probably no ETA on that.
Hi tkislan,

as a newbie on the forum an like others I do not seem to be able to send you a DM, if you can please contact me, I would be grateful as I would love to try this out. 

Many thanks for all the effort you put in the plugin!
(2018-01-31, 15:10)Jasper_H585 Wrote: Hi tkislan,

as a newbie on the forum an like others I do not seem to be able to send you a DM, if you can please contact me, I would be grateful as I would love to try this out. 

Many thanks for all the effort you put in the plugin!
I probably still can't send PM myself, and even if I could, you still wouldn't be able to reply.

But you can send me PM on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/7...ource=link
Hi, tkislan, I sent you a pm on Friday, any chance you add my email address please?
(2018-02-04, 10:37)captainfearless Wrote: Hi, tkislan, I sent you a pm on Friday, any chance you add my email address please?
Hi, I did add you, but I still can't reply to PMs, sorry about that.
If you didn't receive an email from Amazon, you should be able to continue on this link:
https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink...2ea32f34f8
nice one.
All working, and so easy to set up.

About 50% of the time i get "sorry something went wrong", and then it plays the movie! This is rather annoying, and seems to me to be a response time issue, from the command to the 10 secs it sometimes takes to play, any ideas how to fix?

Also many times if i say Alexa play Grease, it plays on Amazon music instead of Kodi! This is a common issue, Goldfinger etc, is there a way to sort audio from video?
(2018-02-05, 12:06)captainfearless Wrote: All working, and so easy to set up.

About 50% of the time i get "sorry something went wrong", and then it plays the movie! This is rather annoying, and seems to me to be a response time issue, from the command to the 10 secs it sometimes takes to play, any ideas how to fix?

Also many times if i say Alexa play Grease, it plays on Amazon music instead of Kodi! This is a common issue, Goldfinger etc, is there a way to sort audio from video?
I'll publish new version of plugin soon, which will fix the issue with the response time, that is causing the "sorry something went wrong" error. This is indeed caused by the Kodi just being too slow to start playback.

As for the second issue, you can specify it by saying "Alexa play movie Grease", or "Alexa play tv show Simpsons". Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this, as Alexa decides where to forward the request.
But from my experience, she tends to learn over time, that you've meant the video, and not the audio book, or something else.
That's great, thanks for your help.
I can't send you a PM, how can I send you my email to test the beta?
(2018-02-09, 14:25)Ondskan Wrote: I can't send you a PM, how can I send you my email to test the beta?
You can message me on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/tkislan
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8