• 10(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-03-13, 15:37)tkislan Wrote: In this case, you have to say "Alexa pause on Kodi".

Tomas -

Thanks for including me in the beta.  The skill is really working well, and I appreciate the above tip as I frequently use my IR remote to start playback, but then want to use Alexa to pause/resume. This is especially handy for anyone watching that doesn't currently posses the remote!

In my case after starting playback with the IR remote, I can say "Alexa pause HTPC".  After the first use of "HTPC" though, I can use the usual "Alexa, pause" and "Alexa, resume" without using the device name -- just great!

I can also report that "Alexa, stop" is now working -- actually sending a stop rather than a pause/resume.

Had a small problem with fast forward, where I said "Alexa, fast forward 30 seconds" after about 5 minutes of playback.  I got a 30 second jump, but it was from the very beginning, rather than from my current point in the playback.  Fast forward has worked properly for me before, so I'm not sure what happened.
(2018-03-16, 00:29)benicehavefun Wrote: I can also report that "Alexa, stop" is now working -- actually sending a stop rather than a pause/resume.

Spoke too soon on this one.  Just tried it again and, it's back to sending a pause/resume instead of a stop.  Weird that it would start working correctly, and then revert to not working correctly.
(2018-03-16, 00:29)benicehavefun Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 15:37)tkislan Wrote: In this case, you have to say "Alexa pause on Kodi".

Had a small problem with fast forward, where I said "Alexa, fast forward 30 seconds" after about 5 minutes of playback.  I got a 30 second jump, but it was from the very beginning, rather than from my current point in the playback.  Fast forward has worked properly for me before, so I'm not sure what happened.

I know about this, but can’t tackle my head around it.
Because if you say to fasforward in minutes (e.g. fastforward 2 minutes) then it will work correctly
I would like to test that addon as well  Wink i send you an PM with my Amazon Alexa connected email .
Please add me thanks Big Grin
Hy the addon works well Wink
i have a question about the results ,are the limited to 10?
Example :
kodi show Action Movies - it shows me 10 Movies but  ihave a lot more Big Grin
kodi show me movies with Bruce Willis result 10 Movies .

Limited from Alexa or the Addon ??
Is it possible that the skill prevents the standby from my server.

When i disable the skill my server goes into standby again. I use mysql on a server and have multible clients but only one with alexa skill!
(2018-03-16, 23:06)Mario S. Wrote: Hy the addon works well Wink
i have a question about the results ,are the limited to 10?
Example :
kodi show Action Movies - it shows me 10 Movies but  ihave a lot more Big Grin
kodi show me movies with Bruce Willis result 10 Movies .

Limited from Alexa or the Addon ??
This is limited by the addon Smile
I was testing this locally, and 10 was the amount, that fit into the screen. But this can of course be changed, or configured through settings.
But the 10 movies are picked randomly, if multiple movies match the criteria. So you should get different results, if you ask for movies with Bruce Willis multiple times.
(2018-03-17, 02:16)Mario S. Wrote: Is it possible that the skill prevents the standby from my server.

When i disable the skill my server goes into standby again. I use mysql on a server and have multible clients but only one with alexa skill!
I'm not sure about this. But the addon works in a way, that if Kodi requests it to shut down, it will disconnect, and stop completely.
But could defined what you mean by standby in your case?
Tkislan,

Thanks for including me in your beta trial.

The skill works great so far, i notice you have to specify movie or it will play music, i ask to play the crow, and music was playing.

I saw another forum with alexa skill, and the developer had alexa play movies and tv shows from netflix, but you would have to sign in on Netflix from a browser.

The skill searches your library first then it searches Netflix, would this be something you might look into to?
(2018-03-17, 20:58)bobbie digital Wrote: Tkislan,

The skill works great so far, i notice you have to specify movie or it will play music, i ask to play the crow, and music was playing.

I saw another forum with alexa skill, and the developer had alexa play movies and tv shows from netflix, but you would have to sign in on Netflix from a browser.

The skill searches your library first then it searches Netflix, would this be something you might look into to?

You only have to specify that it’s a movie if it’s ambiguous.

So I guess, that there is some kind of addon for Netflix on Kodi?
Hi,

If possible I would really like to join in on the beta for the Kodi voice skill, how do i go about getting onto the "list"?

Thanks in advance
(2018-03-17, 21:32)Nark0t Wrote: Hi,

If possible I would really like to join in on the beta for the Kodi voice skill, how do i go about getting onto the "list"?

Thanks in advance

Hey, I have to manually add your Alexa connected email.
You can PM me.
(2018-03-17, 21:49)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-17, 21:32)Nark0t Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hey, I have to manually add your Alexa connected email.
You can PM me. 
Hey, tried to send you a PM, but i am unfortunately unable to, could you maybe PM me your email address and i can drop a mail with my email address?
(2018-03-17, 21:04)tkislan Wrote:

Hey Tkislan,

No netflix addon needed, you just sign into netflix on a chrome browser and minimize the browser, and the alexa skill played the content from there, i will look for the youtube video demo and forum link so you could understand more.
(2018-03-18, 20:10)bobbie digital Wrote:
(2018-03-17, 21:04)tkislan Wrote:

Hey Tkislan,

No netflix addon needed, you just sign into netflix on a chrome browser and minimize the browser, and the alexa skill played the content from there, i will look for the youtube video demo and forum link so you could understand more. 
Oh, but I guess, that for that you would need a Echo Show device?
Also, if there is already a skill for that, what's the point of implementing it in this one?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8