Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
So I'm guessing that for services like Netflix, Hulu, etc, they would upload their entire title catalog to amazon so Alexa will contextually search those entries first before defaulting to Amazon's own movie database. That won't necessarily work for Kodi catalogs as that will vary form person to person. Does Alexa only return the title of the movie? Does it return any other info like the movies imdb id?

What happens if Alexa can't find the movie in its catalog? Does it still send search words to your skill or does it just give up? If the former, perhaps there is a way to phrase a request or use a unique word that will near-guarantee Alexa won't find the title in it's catalog and cause it to send the exact string to your skill. I had a lot of trouble getting Alexa to find the movie Thor. Perhaps it was hearing 'Door'. But it finally worked when I spelled out the title (T-H-O-R). I wonder if there are any other tricks or key words to make this work better.

Or maybe we need to accept that we can't change anything that comes from Alexa and improve the search results in Kodi so that even near matches are shown?

When this works, it's kind of wonderful. When I enable 'followup mode' in alexa so it'll still listen for commands for a few seconds after the last commmand, I can do this:
"Alexa, show me movie <movie title>."
"Play this."

Thanks!
Robert

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - by badbob001 - 2018-06-11, 17:22
Can't connect to Kodi connect - by Shaboobala - 2018-07-17, 07:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8