Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-09-07, 20:41)nogoer Wrote: Im glad someone finally picked up on making this. I gave it a whirl sometime around last xmas when i got an echo. The backend is a pretty big pain so everyone using this should really be thankful he's giving it to anyone else. I had to get my own hosting so i could pass the commands from AWS to my "cloud" and that process then sent commands to the kodi web interface api. I only managed to really get pause and play working well and alexas commands to trigger it were not very normal like "alexa, play on kodi" instead of "play kodi". If i didnt use the "on" it would always try to play a file named kodi not command a device. I give you a lot of credit because getting the lambda functions on aws setup and everything flowing smoothly from alexa to kodi was a total bugger.

I never could figure out how to avoid that cloud api part to send commands directly over the local network so kudos to you for that. Im curious to know how you did if you dont mind sharing?
It is still not sending commands over the local network. That you got correct, and there is no way to bypass that.
The addon approach just removes the need to open your device to the internet, because it actually creates secure reverse proxy to my server.
So instead of having one cloud hosting, I'm actually hosting one server, one that connects all the Kodi devices together, and AWS Lambda function, that handles Alexa requests, and forwards them to the correct Kodi device.

Messages In This Thread
Can't connect to Kodi connect - by Shaboobala - 2018-07-17, 07:39
RE: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi - by tkislan - 2018-09-09, 08:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8