• 51(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-12-03, 15:25)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-12-03, 13:36)hslansky Wrote: So is there no possibility of getting this skill certified?
I really don't know. I will still try to convince them somehow, or even create some movement from the community, because there is really a lot of people that are still currently using it.
But until that happens, I guess this will be better than nothing.
At least for myself, as I really use it daily. 
 The Plex skill is certified. How is Kodi different? You would have hoped that all of the work the Kodi team does to discourage piracy would count for something, but clearly Amazon want their own private ecosystem.
can I please be added to the beta? I am not able to PM you my email.  would you be able to start the convo?   I did send a donation with my email!
(2018-12-04, 01:22)mcelliott Wrote:
(2018-12-03, 15:25)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-12-03, 13:36)hslansky Wrote: So is there no possibility of getting this skill certified?
I really don't know. I will still try to convince them somehow, or even create some movement from the community, because there is really a lot of people that are still currently using it.
But until that happens, I guess this will be better than nothing.
At least for myself, as I really use it daily.  
 The Plex skill is certified. How is Kodi different? You would have hoped that all of the work the Kodi team does to discourage piracy would count for something, but clearly Amazon want their own private ecosystem. 
Wow, didn't know about that. I will surely contact someone from their team, and ask how the managed to get it certified.
Maybe because it's implemented by their own team. Or maybe because it's a custom skill (but I know that other custom Kodi skill can't get certified either)
Hi everyone,

there is a new section in the tutorial section to join the Alexa Beta test, so that anyone can just add themselves

https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-ale...stallation
https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-con.../readme.md

Tomas.
@tkislan Which version should we be using?  It says here 0.1.17 is the one, but I know you've released up to 0.1.21
@russco I've updated the tutorial page to include link to 0.1.22
Feature-wise they should be the same, 22 just have some minor improvements.
@tkislan Okay sweet.  I get this error straight after I hit 'Allow' on your Authorize screen.  Any ideas why this might be happening?

@russco Can you try now?
I've forgot about one last thing. Hopefully it should be working now.
@tkislan No, sadly the same problem.

I tried deleting my device and creating another one, then entering the new secret in the Kodi addon, then restarting Kodi.

I get a popup which says Kodi Connected - but I still get that error from Amazon.
@russco One more try? This is nothing that you can fix on your side.
I just need to polish out everything regarding adding the new Alexa skill.
@tkislan Nope, still not happening.

I tried it all all over again, new beta link, new secret, rebooted Kodi, and got the same error.

Thanks so much for your persistence on this though man!
@tkislan Okay hang on!  I've still got 'Kodi Test' in my skills list, which hadn't worked for ages, so I just gave that one a shot, and it linked! Big Grin

But now I'm back to the old problem of "There are currently no linked devices" - I pick my device (Kodi), then my Echo Dot, then hit 'Link devices', and then I get "There are currently no linked devices".

Maybe if you remove me from everything I can start again from the beginning and it might work?
Damn it. I've been configuring the wrong Lambda function.
Now it must be working.
@russco Can you please try one last time?
@tkislan It connects with the new skill now!

But I just keep getting this whenever it tries to link.

@“russco” yeah that is an Alexa app bug
But it should still be working when you request to play something.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8