• 57(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Hi tomas,
Long time Kodi supporter here (even rock the donator T-shirt!). Anyway I could please also get access to the beta skill? Been dying to test this out of my Kodi installs!

Cheers,
hy
Hi there,

your addon worked like a charm for months. But now it stopped working out of a sudden. I tried to re-register my E-Mail but the only message i get is "Error: Beta test not found".
On the otherhand i get the reply from alexa that "alexa cannot connect to the provide because there are issues with the provider".
Addon version "kodi-connect-addon" is up-to-date.
Anyone can confirm that addon stopped working?
I can confirm it's not working. I hope everything is okay on his end.
Here is an email I received from Tomas,
I am sorry, but Amazon have somehow messed up the whole Beta testing for my skill, and for some reason, that I can’t debug in any way now, it is not working for some people.
But I am already working on a new method, so that people can easily (hopefully an one-click solution) deploy it themselves, and not have to go through all the pain with all the issues rising up from these beta tests.
Just please bear with me,
Tomas
After i addmy email on alexa beta test. It says:
Error: Beta test not found
Please help..
(2019-04-02, 15:48)Yexyex Wrote: After i addmy email on alexa beta test. It says:
Please help..
Read the comment above. The plugin is broken. Amazon messed it up.
(2019-04-02, 19:10)sheephunter Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 15:48)Yexyex Wrote: After i addmy email on alexa beta test. It says:
Please help..
Read the comment above. The plugin is broken. Amazon messed it up.

Is that mean, there is no method i can set up my kodi with alexa up until now? Or if you can help me to set it up,it'll be very very helpfull
(2018-01-25, 08:05)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-25, 02:47)cabbresson Wrote: I can't seem to find it in the skills page.
Since it's still in beta, I have to manually add peoples Alexa connected emails for them to see the skill.

I was connected to your absolutely brilliant app but now I can no longer find the skill in Alex's, it was in dev. When I have requested URL on your site it says Beta can not be found or doesn't exist.

Any help, update or links may be of great use, thanks
(2019-03-25, 14:40)jomoe Wrote: Here is an email I received from Tomas,
I am sorry, but Amazon have somehow messed up the whole Beta testing for my skill, and for some reason, that I can’t debug in any way now, it is not working for some people.
But I am already working on a new method, so that people can easily (hopefully an one-click solution) deploy it themselves, and not have to go through all the pain with all the issues rising up from these beta tests.
Just please bear with me,
Tomas
Thanks for sharing this.

Tom has developed an awesome skill here.  Hope he's able to get it up and running again!
I'd love to test. Not sure if Tom is reading here, but does anyone know if there is something we can do from our end to help get this up and running again?
Whats going on?

Any update from the developer would be most appreciated!!

Smile
Hello tkislan,
Can you please add me in Kodi video skill beta testing ?
My Amazon Alexa connected mail id is [email protected].
Thanks in advance
yeah, no longer working. All I get is a message "Error: Beta test not found"
I have been using KODI now for a number of years. I started using it back when it was XBMC. I have had my KODI players setup across my house and working great. I love KODI and think it's the best overall media interface out there. I have just recently starting using an Amazon Echo and absolutely love the idea of the voice control of KODI with the Echo. After reading the forum I would like to get involved and test the skill. I am curious how much longer do you think it will be in beta? Please allow me to join this beta group to add this skill and test it.

So, I tried and it seems that I also can't send you a PM, so my email address is [email protected] and I would love to be able to test and use this skill. Please add me to your list when you are able to. Thank you and thank you for all of the development work that you have done. I know this takes a lot of time and dedication.
Hi all, I would like to test the KODI skill. 
Could you please add my mail to the "beta tester" ?
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8