• 60(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2020-02-07, 18:02)russco Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 01:57)R91g Wrote: Registration is now possible without invitation in the server https://kodiconnect.kislan.sk/
All instructions are on their website:
https://kodi-connect.github.io/

Last night I did all steps from to set up Kodi Alexa integration and works very well
I tried this, I went through the steps on the Github, but I'm getting this error:

Error: "skill creation failed"

Any idea why this is?  I'm pretty sure my location information is correct. 
I had the same problem but then I noticed that the table within the instructuioins noted that for united kingdom I needed Ireland and not London. I switch the location and this fixed the problem. I'm guessing that wherever you are located, it may be the same issue.

Hope this helps.
(2020-02-07, 21:23)Steve100 Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 18:02)russco Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 01:57)R91g Wrote: Registration is now possible without invitation in the server https://kodiconnect.kislan.sk/
All instructions are on their website:
https://kodi-connect.github.io/

Last night I did all steps from to set up Kodi Alexa integration and works very well
I tried this, I went through the steps on the Github, but I'm getting this error:

I had the same problem but then I noticed that the table within the instructuioins noted that for united kingdom I needed Ireland and not London. I switch the location and this fixed the problem. I'm guessing that wherever you are located, it may be the same issue.

Hope this helps. 
Thanks, but I've already got it set to Ireland. :/

I guess it must be a location thing somewhere, but I'm not sure where I've gone wrong.
(2020-02-07, 21:28)russco Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 21:23)Steve100 Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 18:02)russco Wrote: I tried this, I went through the steps on the Github, but I'm getting this error:

Hope this helps.  

I guess it must be a location thing somewhere, but I'm not sure where I've gone wrong. 
same here, maybe the service is bugged atm
(2020-02-07, 23:46)GameMASTER0809 Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 21:28)russco Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 21:23)Steve100 Wrote: I had the same problem but then I noticed that the table within the instructuioins noted that for united kingdom I needed Ireland and not London. I switch the location and this fixed the problem. I'm guessing that wherever you are located, it may be the same issue.

Hope this helps.  

same here, maybe the service is bugged atm 
today, there was no problem. it worked for me now
How can I delete the skill completely so I can try again?
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Hi Guy’s,

Got this all setup but when a ask Alexa to do anything I get a message saying kodi connect nothing found. Any ideas why this is happening?
Incredible...worked first time. I'm in Australia so I did have to go back to change the region from Sydney to U.S West (Oregon) but this has to be the best ever skill I have come across....Thank you so much mate.
This is all working great for me, just one minor annoyance.

If I give a command like, "Alexa, watch Top Gun" she says something like, "I can do that using Kodi, provider, or provider. Which would you like?"

How do I delete those two providers so that she automatically knows to use Kodi?
Frankly, I'm almost givin' up
I live in Brazil.
When I join in the website and set alexa skills and so insert the code:

arn:aws:lambda:us-east-2:mynumber:function:kodi

I get this error: {"error":"Skill creation failed"}
Am I doing something wrong? Sad
hi i am from germany, set the region to ireland so the arn looks like this:

arn:aws:lambda:eu-west-1:<long_number>:function:kodi    (with <long number> being the generated number ofc)

but it always returns:

{"error":"Skill creation failed"}

is this addon broken?

i have also tried with Europa (Frankfurt) eu-central-1 and any other region all return the same error message
(2020-03-28, 15:20)theo08 Wrote: hi i am from germany, set the region to ireland so the arn looks like this:

arn:aws:lambda:eu-west-1:<long_number>:function:kodi    (with <long number> being the generated number ofc)

but it always returns:

is this addon broken?

i have also tried with Europa (Frankfurt) eu-central-1 and any other region all return the same error message

same problem here, tried with different countrys same error.
(2020-04-08, 01:53)fresy Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 15:20)theo08 Wrote: hi i am from germany, set the region to ireland so the arn looks like this:

but it always returns:

is this addon broken?

same problem here, tried with different countrys same error. 
I`m from Brazil and I have already tried change between all countries and the same error still happening all the times.
(2020-03-21, 17:07)runawaydevil Wrote: Frankly, I'm almost givin' up
I live in Brazil.

You got any success setting up this skill?
I`m also from Brazil and I tried basically all countries in the Lambda functions and neither one is working.
(2020-04-09, 15:38)benatti Wrote:
(2020-03-21, 17:07)runawaydevil Wrote: Frankly, I'm almost givin' up
I live in Brazil.

You got any success setting up this skill?
I`m also from Brazil and I tried basically all countries in the Lambda functions and neither one is working. 
Same error for me Sad

I am in Italy and I have set the region to Ireland.

At this point I fear that the system has stopped working...
Same problem here in the Netherlands. 

Too bad it doesnt work. I was really looking forward using Kodi with Alexa Sad
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8