• 62(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
hi guys or just bought alexa, i would like to command kodi, could you help me?I don't know where to start
Setup everything and then realized this will not work with the Fire TV remote! Works only with echo devices.

Did anybody get it working with the Fire TV remote?
Couldn't get it to work on Kodi 19 Matrix so reverted back to 18.9 and everything working again. i guess it's because Kodi 19 now uses python 3.0. Love my Kodi Connect so will keep using the older  version of Kodi.
someone could take the trouble to make a guide you understand badly in all these forum pages also I would like to go back to version 18.9 thanks
I hope someone can port the add on to python 3
I've gotten it to connect and can send commands on matrix however it does not actually play anything Sad
I've gone all the way to clicking alexa skill on the connect page and is just says vendor id not found. Can I fix this?
(2021-05-31, 22:26)Ickam Wrote: I've gone all the way to clicking alexa skill on the connect page and is just says vendor id not found. Can I fix this?

I've been using this successfully for about a year but it seems to have stopped working properly. When I ask Alexa to find a movie it now says no skill for this.
(2021-06-18, 06:52)ausvette Wrote:
(2021-05-31, 22:26)Ickam Wrote: I've gone all the way to clicking alexa skill on the connect page and is just says vendor id not found. Can I fix this?

I've been using this successfully for about a year but it seems to have stopped working properly. When I ask Alexa to find a movie it now says no skill for this.
It does not work on python 3, which Kodi 19 has. You have to revert to Kodi 18.9 for it to work. Most addons have been updated to python 3, but not this one unfortunately.
(2021-06-22, 02:44)brumbie Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 06:52)ausvette Wrote:

It does not work on python 3, which Kodi 19 has. You have to revert to Kodi 18.9 for it to work. Most addons have been updated to python 3, but not this one unfortunaly
I'm using Kodi 17.7

So its still working properly for you?
This is still working perfectly. I upgraded to a new alexa controller and the kodi kill in my alexa configuration was linked to the old one. I just had to add the alexa kodi skill to be controlled by the new alexa controller.
(2018-08-16, 10:41)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-08-14, 18:05)hslansky Wrote: Hi Tomas,
  Just recently the skill is returning a max of 10 movies when i ask for "show comedy movies" or "show movies with 'actor'".  Should I be seeing all of the movies that fit or is there a new limitation?
 It was always limiting it to 10 movies. So that they all fill into the screen, and you don't have to scroll.
tkislan,

Just discovers this Add-On... Awesome...

Is there a way to increase the default of 10 movies to something larger? Something I can edit myslef in the code?  Or user definable?

A HUGE thank you for this!

H.
@tkislan 

could you please add my email also for the kodi skill? [email protected] It would be greatly appreciated!  I could not build an AWS account. Thank you!
@tkislan could i also be added for the skill please - Email [email protected] 

Much appreciated
Moderatiors comment: Although we don't disallow users posting personal information such as email addresses in forum threads for this purpose, we don't recommend it. Please use an email address that you don't mind getting flooded with spam by scrapers that scan websites for this sort of info.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8