Very Few Artist Posters
I am using fresh install of Kodi Kypton (default skin) and when I add my fairly organized music library, I see very few Artist Posters when I view by artist. ( is this what I call then rather than thumbnail or fan-art?)

When I scrape the same Library using Plex Media Server I get about 95% artist poster populated. I would rather use Kodi because album view is a nightmare in Plex with all the compilations I have but I want to see the Artist show up in Artist view by their name rather than VA.

I have tried everything including PlexKodiConnect which does not seem to work well for me. Tried to export Artist poster from Plex and no luck there either.

Am I doing something just stupidly wrong? Do I have to manually scrape for artist? The plug-in is set to download but it seems not to be running.

P.S. I have searched the forums extensively and found no answer.

EDIT: A few simple Questions related:
If I see an item in the library such as an album or artist, is there a quick way to see the file path? like right click "get info"kind of thing?

If I browse for an artist image, is their any plugin that will let me quickly choose and image or find one for me? Or must I manually browse by path (excruciating) for every single item. I.E. Can you scrape per item or selection of items? Fixing individual items sees very time intensive and inefficient.

I am primarily interested in audio. I want to easily browse by album and artist poster. Ideally compilations should show up econ per album but each artist should also have a listing in artist view, even if they are only on one song in a complication. Is their a better skin I should be using?
So nice to hear that you prefer the Kodi music library because it allows you to see just album artists if you want Smile

Artist and album art has to be fetched from online sources by scraping, and I suspect that what you have done so far is simply scan the tags embedded in your music files to create the library. There is a setting "fetch online information on update", that can automatically scarpe additional artist and album info when scanning music into the library, but for various good reasons (that I have exponded elsewhere so won't repeat myself) it is disabled by default in Krypton.

To fetch art and extra info for existing artists, go to the artists node (the screen showing the long list of artists) and from the context menu click on "Query Information for All". This will go and fetch the art as a background process, you can keep using Kodi while this happens. How long this takes, how accurately artists are indentified and how much art is found will vary depending on a number of things. But for starters just try it and see. You can do similar for albums.

Quote: If I see an item in the library such as an album or artist, is there a quick way to see the file path? like right click "get info"kind of thing?
From the context menu there is "Information" that brings up the Song/Artist/Album Info Dialog, but I don't know which skins, if any, show file path. Also strictly artists and albums may not have a path. Kodi will form a music library from a totally flat set of files, using the embbeded tags data, it does try to find local art for artists and albums in some obvious folder layout, but this does have flaws.

Quote:If I browse for an artist image, is their any plugin that will let me quickly choose and image or find one for me? Or must I manually browse by path (excruciating) for every single item. I.E. Can you scrape per item or selection of items? Fixing individual items sees very time intensive and inefficient.
Yes, the "query for all" works on the artists/albums that you have listed, so you can use smart playlist rules to limit those. Scraping art also fetches more than one image, if it finds them, then you can swap manually to one that you like.

Local art will also get picked up if they are located in the correct place. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork

Quote:I am primarily interested in audio. I want to easily browse by album and artist poster. Ideally compilations should show up econ per album but each artist should also have a listing in artist view, even if they are only on one song in a complication.
That means that you want to have "show song and album artist" setting enabled. Kodi music library does all you ask, but also offers lots more in the ability to filter what you browse, make custom nodes and smart playlists.

My main use for Kodi is music too.
Quote:Is their a better skin I should be using?
That is a matter of personal choice. I use Confluence, partly because it was the default so familiar, but also it gives me better music details (Estuary music info dailog is totally useless imo). But there are lots of skins, some with much more art (and addons to fetch that art), and skinners puts lots of work into them each offering something to someone, I would not want to take sides Smile
(2018-01-25, 19:21)DaveBlake Wrote: There is a setting "fetch online information on update", that can automatically scarpe additional artist and album info when scanning music into the library, but for various good reasons (that I have exponded elsewhere so won't repeat myself) it is disabled by default in Krypton.

To fetch art and extra info for existing artists, go to the artists node (the screen showing the long list of artists) and from the context menu click on "Query Information for All". That is a matter of personal choice. I use Confluence, partly because it was the default so familiar, but also it gives me better music details (Estuary music info dailog is totally useless imo). But there are lots of skins, some with much more art (and addons to fetch that art), and skinners puts lots of work into them each offering something to someone, I would not want to take sides Smile 
Perfect! I knew i was missing something obvious. May a big "SCRAPER" button for us dim ones. This is the 3rd time something super critical was hidden context menu that I forgot about because I keep looking in the options menu. This may be a function of navigating with a simple remote rather than keyboard. I gotta remember that C menu.

Without taking sides, perhaps a short list of skins for the musically inclined ( if not too much trouble) at least a starting point for me :-)
I read about something like AeonNox is good for music. 

We are agreed about the Estuary Info screen, quite useless.

thanks gain, so much.
When using a remote a long press of the ok button should open the context menu.
Is there like a quick sheet of these kind of tips. Not a full blown FAQ but like, 20 thing you should know about Kodi kind of thing?

Cause I have read, searched, and gone though a ton of stuff and not seen these.

Maybe a non-obvious obvious tool tips sort of thing.
Not anything concise if that’s what you mean, this would be the main starting point for someone new http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user and from there http://kodi.wiki/view/Quick_start_guide
The music wiki has had alot of improvements recently, so do have a look at that.

As for the big scraper button, the easy solution is to make art scraping ( "fetch online information on update") enabled by default. I hope to be able to do that with Leia, as many of the reasons for disabling it will have been resolved, then the art can appear by magic again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very Few Artist Posters0