v18 stop button dosen't work on Remote Control
hello all
I have a RC6 mce Rosewill remote control with an ehome driver on windows 8.1 , after i updated from KodiSetup-20180104-138fa393-master-x64 to the build dated
Jan-20 the stop button (which stop the video play) changed to exit or power off button witch bring the (suspend, reboot, reload skin ..etc ) screen in kodi and leaving me with two buttons doing the same function ( stop , power off ) even when i restored my backed up keyboard.xml file
i tried every build after Jan-20 , 21.22 and 24 and it still exists which force me to downgrade to jan-04 build where the stop button do it right function .. stoping the video or media in play
Just change the mapping then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Actually, I experienced this myself.  I just remapped it.  But yeah, when I installed the Windows x64 Nightly from Friday, Jan 19th, a bunch of mappings seemed to disappear, including Stop.  I wasn't sure if was Kodi or me and since I could just remap it I didn't think to report it.  However, seeing someone else report it, I felt like adding to the conversation.
(2018-01-26, 11:31)jjd-uk Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
 this is the standard procedure , but I don't think it is necessary in this particular issue, I appreciate your remainding
(2018-01-27, 02:56)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Actually, I experienced this myself.  I just remapped it.  But yeah, when I installed the Windows x64 Nightly from Friday, Jan 19th, a bunch of mappings seemed to disappear, including Stop.  I wasn't sure if was Kodi or me and since I could just remap it I didn't think to report it.  However, seeing someone else report it, I felt like adding to the conversation.

(2018-01-26, 07:16)nickr Wrote: Just change the mapping then.
 excuse  my ignorance and lack of knowledge, but how you do (did) that, what the steps ?
i just restore the baked up keyboard.xml to userdata  and that all what i know and did before, when installing kodi after formating windows ..
and thank you for you input
I just use the remap addon.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
(2018-01-27, 03:45)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I just use the remap addon.

you didn't just add to the conversation, you actually helped.. thank you.
(2018-01-27, 05:03)mi3ns Wrote:
(2018-01-27, 03:45)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I just use the remap addon.

you didn't just add to the conversation, you actually helped.. thank you.
 I'd be curious to hear what happened, development wise, to break mappings in the Nightlies, but yeah, remapping does solve problems.
Well that's why I need the debug log to see what's reported when you press the stop button.
Oddly, I think in a recent nightly some keymaps or what was assigned to what got reverted to what it was prior to this thread. o.O
Nope there's been zero changes to the keymaps.
sorry for the late reply
i resolved my issue not by remapping the keys via the keymap editor addon, just fixed it
by applying the Xbmccustomregis v2.80.01 from
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html
i think the cause of my issue was laying in the windows registry and applying
the above tool corrected it
i used to use that tool from day one when i first found and installed kodi. or what was
called gotham xbmc 13 back then ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stop button dosen't work on Remote Control0