Latest Wiso Build crashing-Keyboardmap.xml?
I have the latest XBMC.exe (by WiSo, released yesterday), and latest T3ch build.
When I open the exe, it crashes immediately. The log says "Unable to load keybaordmap.xml."

My pastebin:
http://pastebin.ca/993309
every on has that error in their log because the file no longer exists in the source code. my log was identical for me I needed updated graphic drivers
have you had other builds working in the past? if not the above may help.
if you have had working before maybe a reinstall of Net frameworks 2.0 & sdl and may help or try a fresh install from scratch there's a straightforward guide in the FAQ

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...ecific_FAQ
Yes I've had it working in the past, but with a previous build. I did do a clean install.
I figured the newer build would be better. Bigger is always better right :p
Any updates on this?
...Wiso, any suggestions?
Nope not really. Could be something with your setup, your video drivers, etc. The logfile tells me nothing sorry.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have the exact same problem. I did a fresh install of the latest build on a brand new XP32 SP3 installation with a Compaq Evo 2GHz / Ati Radeon Mobility laptop. It runs every DX9.0c related app just fine, but XBMC shows a menubar for a millisecond and then goes away (crashes) without notice. Last thing the log mentiones is not being able to find keyboardmap.xml. I have XBMC running on linux just fine.

Maybe worth noting, Miro, the video download and play app that's (I think) based on a lot of the same media packages (playback etc.) crashes exactly the same on my Win machine. Shows something for a millisecond and crashes without notice. It works on Linux though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miro_(software)
maybe we need to wait for wiso to do a later exe
i tried the 13239 build exe with the latest t3ch that came out a cpl of days ago and had problems
You don't need t3ch if you grab the latest installer posted by charly.
I'm also running XP32 XP3 but of course with all the developer stuff. Could be that some dlls are missing even though I couldn't think of one which will crash xbmc.
Check your windows system32 dir for msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll. If they're not there try adding them and see if it helps.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I got this error after a fresh install of Vista - no updated graphics drivers had been installed.

After the installation of the latest drivers XBMC ran fine.

Perhaps an opengl problem with the drivers installed by Windows?

Cheers
rickler
I've got these msvc .dll's:
Code:
14-04-2008  22:32            57.344 msvcirt.dll
07-09-2001  16:00           565.760 msvcp50.dll
14-04-2008  22:32           413.696 msvcp60.dll
19-03-2003  05:14           499.712 msvcp71.dll
12-01-2004  00:00           348.160 msvcr71.dll
14-04-2008  22:32           343.040 msvcrt.dll
07-09-2001  16:00           253.952 msvcrt20.dll
14-04-2008  00:00            61.440 msvcrt40.dll

If it's indeed the video drivers, a problem I've never had before, then I could not verify this. Videodrivers for my laptop from 2004 are the last ones they made for this mobility video.
It'll crash like that if you don't have proper opengl drivers, get glinfo or OpenGL Extensions Viewer to see what you've got. If it says Microsoft opengl 1.1 that's definitely not good Wink Not sure what the minimum version is to run it currently, 1.5 and up should be good, not sure about 1.4.

For those mobility laptops who's manufacturers don't provide updated drivers anymore try installing omegadrivers.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Had some time to play with my MacBook pro and Vista32.
With the base installation XBMC crashes like reported in this thread. Looking with glinfo2 which Charly posted here shows as graphic vendor Microsoft (default software opengl driver) and no supported extension.
I've installed the latest Bootcamp update which updated also the graphic driver for the nvida card. After that glinfo2 showed nvidia as vendor a lot of supported opengl extensions.
Now XBMC runs flawlessly beside the high load on one core when in gui. I've just disabled threaded optimisation like reported here for XBMC and everything is fine.

Solution: update your graphic card driver to support HW accelerated OpenGL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Wiso Build crashing-Keyboardmap.xml?0