Solved Is there a way to access actors media via skin xml?
Hi guys,

While updating my skin for one last hurrah before moving development from Kyrpton to Leia I have run into an issue with trying to show an actors library media. In order to provide a actors info screen I am using skin.helper script to replace the standard id 50 cast list with an alternative list provided by skin.helper. This is working well, but where clicking on an actor in list id 50 brings up a selection dialog with all of the actors movies, tvshows and episodes, using the skin.helper script does not provide any way to display this list of media.

The only way I can see to achieve my aim is to use some like this

videodb://movies/actors/$INFO[listitem.label]/

As a content tag, but I would need to repeat the above for TvShows and episodes (well the TvShow part would work). Kyrpton does not allow multiple content tags, so is there a way to achieve what I am trying to replace, or am I stuck with just providing a list of movies or a list of TvShows?

Wyrm
Are you use full code for Actor in shs ?
Code:
<content>plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&amp;movie=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;downloadthumbs=true&amp;castaction=extendedinfo</content>
When you add castaction with click on Actor, Extended script open dialog for that Actor.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-01-27, 15:40)Angelinas Wrote: Are you use full code for Actor in shs ?
Code:
<content>plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&amp;movie=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;downloadthumbs=true&amp;castaction=extendedinfo</content>
When you add castaction with click on Actor, Extended script open dialog for that Actor.
Angelinas,

Thanks for the reply. Yep that is exactly what I am using. And when I select an actor the custom skin file for the scripts actor info screen opens and displays correctly. What I am trying to add to that custom actor info screen is a widget that displays a list of media in my library that the actor had a role in. Basically the content that was shown in a select dialog if I was using the original id 50 cast list instead of the the custom list provided by the content tag as shown above. I was using a similar plugin string that I found in Marcel’s Titan skin called getcastmedia, but that would seem to be something from a older version of the skin helper script as it is not documented on his wiki and I could not spot anything in the python when I took a quick look.

Would be really nice to be able to give the user access to the media in their library for the selected actor along with the extended info in the custom info screen.

Wyrm
Just try too see what info back when use "getcastmedia " from shs.
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcastmedia&amp;name=$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Label]

I have back all media name and art where that actor casting.(Movie and tvshow, in mine library).Is this you want from your widget ?
Or you want list, to be in dialog ?

(2018-01-27, 19:58)Angelinas Wrote: Just try too see what info back when use "getcastmedia " from shs.
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcastmedia&amp;name=$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Label]

I have back all media name and art where that actor casting.(Movie and tvshow, in mine library).Is this you want from your widget ?

You got it, first option not the second. So your example above is being used in DialogVideoInfo.xml. I would like to achieve basically the same but in script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml which I have included in my skin. Will recheck my content tag again and make sure I have not messed anything up.

Thanks for working thru this with me,
Much appreciated
Wyrm
(2018-01-28, 15:42)wyrm Wrote:
(2018-01-27, 19:58)Angelinas Wrote: Just try too see what info back when use "getcastmedia " from shs.
Code:

You got it, first option not the second. So your example above is being used in DialogVideoInfo.xml. I would like to achieve basically the same but in script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml which I have included in my skin. Will recheck my content tag again and make sure I have not messed anything up.

Thanks for working thru this with me,
Much appreciated
Wyrm 
 Nop ...that is image for widget on home screen.

This is image for script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml
Here you have with same code, all media (movie and tvshow) in your library in botom panel Smile
Angelinas,

Thanks mate, your last post did the trick. Was not the answer but did prompt me to check the getcastmedia content tag.

Note to myself and Marcel as it turns out. While extended info script implies that Window.Property(Title) and Window.Property(Label) contain the actors name, this is NOT the case.  Window.Property(Title) is empty and can not be used to show the actors name or as a parameter for the getcastmedia.  Marcel I was using your Titan version of script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml as a starting point for my own version and got bitten.  You might want to go sort your version out as it also does not work.

Wyrm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to access actors media via skin xml?0