Asus Chromebox
CPU Celeron 2955u (dualcore) @ Ghz
GPU: Intel Mesa DRI Haswell Mobile OpenGL 3.0 Mesa 17.1.3
8GB RAM
128 GB SSD
Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20 jan14 2018
X86 libreelec 8.2.3 kernel 4.11.12
playing at 1920x1080@
GigiBit LAN (streaming speed: Peak up to 20MB/s at start, measured a steady 6MB/s while filling the buffer)
Media location Synology NAS, SMB 2.1

Box status:
Brand new clean installation
no mods, not even installed any skins

Troubleshooting done:
enable/disable the different hardware accelerators VDPAU/VAAPI --> No change to the problem
enable 2 and/or 3 video graphic buffers --> No change to the problem
added advancedsettings.xml with additional buffer settings --> no change to the problem
tried playing the file from the local SSD --> same problem

above mentioned advancedsettings.xml
xml:

BlackBox:~ # cat .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>524288000</memorysize>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readfactor>20.0</readfactor>
    </cache>
</advancedsettings>

The problem:
I have recently obtained a pair of hi-fi WLAN multiroom speakers (teufel.de) and would also love to use these for playing my Kodi sound.
These speakers have a 3.5mm analogue line-in that I can use to feed audio, however, since it takes some time for these speakers to sync playback to all speakers in the room there is some delay in the audio display.

But when I configure a delay of more than 1 second the kodi video playback freezes. If I set a default delay for all media, and then start the movie, the video playback never even starts and stays black.

The one thing in the log that stands out to me is:
Code:

20:17:01.494 T:140173211846400 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
20:17:06.227 T:140174434716992 WARNING: Previous line repeats 56 times.

This might or might not even be related to the actual problem.

complete log: https://zerobin.net/?92e69bf92849b07a#h7...rxj6mlCmNc=

I would really appreciate the help, as I have a limited amount of time to decide if I want to keep the new speakers, or if I want to return them and buy something else.
I am also having this problem, but I was told, it is caused by the alsa-netjack bridge I use. Interesting to hear, that I am not the only one with this problem, especially since you seem to use standard audio outputs, right?

The delays always worked fine throughout the entire range of the slider until one day the terrible stutter was introduced when going above 750 msecs delay. This disabled Kodi and audio convolution for a friend of mine and lets me scratch right on the edge, since I need 700 msecs. of delay for my audio, also due to convolution.

Let's see if we can figure out who to talk to about this..
v17 does not getting attention any more. try v18
I personally cannot, for the known reason of the broken colormanagement. I could kill my installation and compile the sources but I'd rather no jeopardize my setup right now. I can wait until hopefully I can switch over completely to 18 again.
(2018-02-05, 00:59)((( atom ))) Wrote: I personally cannot, for the known reason of the broken colormanagement. I could kill my installation and compile the sources but I'd rather no jeopardize my setup right now. I can wait until hopefully I can switch over completely to 18 again.

Color Management LUT works in Kodi 18, provided you take care not to trigger the crashes that are caused by accessing the LUT configuration when it hasn't been configured (as described in the github link I posted in the other thread discussing why LUT crashes Kodi 18). This is why we haven't included LUT support in LibreELEC at this time because the current implementation is too unstable, but provided you are careful you should be able to get it to work in non-LibreELEC builds and then you won't be stuck on Kodi 17.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OMG, will try ASAP! Unfortunately on my way out to Amsterdam but will be back on Wednesday. Thanks for the info!
Tried it again btw. Loaded a LUT from the settings in 18 before playing anything and playback starts with a black picture. Turning colormanagement off using the playback menu brings the picture back.

Well, it's academic for me now, anyway, I switched over to Kodi dsplayer using madvr and all the problems are happily solved. Running it under Windows really sucks, though, but it does it's job..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LE - large audiodelay --> frozen video playback0